Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Do we need a 100% working build before Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esc

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have 10.6.8 working pretty well except for a few minor issues. Is it important to get everything working 100% before updating to Lion or would the time be better spent getting Lion to 100% ?

Re: Do we need a 100% working build before Lion?

I would just get the minimum running and then install a clean image on another hard drive - saves time in the long run.

What i have done is created a seperate small 1gig partition with my essentials i.e. kexts smbios, com.app.boot etc and install guides and essential apps and bootloaders.

Once you have done that you can create a Lion USB Installer so whenever you want to install stick the USB stick in - install on a partition then boot up with install USB again so chameleon can boot it up and then work you magic.

If it still doesnt run after installation you can always go into terminal from install USB and move kexts around etc.

Just go for a clean Lion install - there is better compatibility in Lion. I spent weeks trying to get my audio to work in SL 10.6.8 but no joy, updated to Lion - still no joy, did a clean Lion install - BOOM! 15min later I had sound. This is by far the easiest install ever.

Plus if you update there are still remnants of SL left :thumbdown:

No everything is working except sleep - which I aim to fix with jpa's terminal command when I get home!

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is my first hack and the install went pretty well. I have a couple of small issues like sleep and my mic that aren't working, but other than that it's been solid for over a week now.

I'd rather spend my time getting Lion 100%. If a clean install is the way to go, I can stop wasting time with a few minor issues. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back