Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Desperate need of help!! Black screen after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, Thanks! Got it working but but am having problem now booting. I must use the USB drive to boot. Booting from my SSD results in an osxaptiofixdrv-64.efi error. I have tried both osxaptiofixdrv-64.efi and osxaptiofix2drv-64.efi to no avail. I am using the latest version of Clover v2.3k_r3726. What version are you on?
I am getting closer and at least now it is a usable machine, I really appreciate all of the help. Thank you

No need to inject nvidia as stated by VioletDragon, but would suggest you boot (in clover) with nv-disable=1 (check on the correct statement as I may have it wrong) and this can be done by hitting the space bar when the boot drive in clover is highlighted...in other words no inject, no nvidia driver, then if the black screen is still there after booting then access remotely and install correct nvidia driver....then reboot.
Hopefully if you can understand my rambling and it works then that would be great!

Great, Thanks! Got it working but but am having problem now booting. I must use the USB drive to boot. Booting from my SSD results in an osxaptiofixdrv-64.efi error. I have tried both osxaptiofixdrv-64.efi and osxaptiofix2drv-64.efi to no avail. I am using the latest version of Clover v2.3k_r3726. What version are you on?
I am getting closer and at least now it is a usable machine, I really appreciate all of the help. Thank you
OK if you can boot from the USB then I would suggest that you copy the EFI folder from the USB to the SSD, then you can boot from the SSD

Got it all worked out. Ended up figuring out that the EFI partition on my SSD was not the drive I was booting to. After some bios adjustments all is working now. iMac 14,2 with all the proper numbers got video working.
Thanks a lot for all the help.

for the installer booting into el cap issue, make sure you use clover to choose the "Boot from sierra installer" instead of whatever is highlighted by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back