Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I've been testing this out for a while since I've had the Lion GM and it seems when I start the machine there is around a minute delay upon loading the desktop before the Ethernet starts to work. Tested with both the standard lion driver and the Lnx2Mac driver.

It's not a huge issue but it just means any app which starts up on login - aka. Safari or iTunes store or skype has a hissy fit as they can't reach the Internet.

This has only started after updating to Lion it was never an issue in Snow Leopard.

Thoughts?

Re: Delayed Ethernet activation?

sk8er_square said:
Hey guys,

I've been testing this out for a while since I've had the Lion GM and it seems when I start the machine there is around a minute delay upon loading the desktop before the Ethernet starts to work. Tested with both the standard lion driver and the Lnx2Mac driver.

It's not a huge issue but it just means any app which starts up on login - aka. Safari or iTunes store or skype has a hissy fit as they can't reach the Internet.

This has only started after updating to Lion it was never an issue in Snow Leopard.

Thoughts?
I'm not on Lion yet, but you might want to install the debug version and see if there are any hints on this...
May be autonegotiation ? Can you see the leds on your switch ?

Thanks for the prompt reply

I've got a few things to try when I get home and I'll report on the results:

1. Delete the networkinterfaces.plist and reinstall the lnx2mac driver
2. Try dhcp / static ip allocation and compare
3. Install the debug lnx2mac

sk8er_square said:
Hey guys,

Thoughts?

I just installed Lion and notice the same thing...when I open Chrome right after rebooting it tries to reload my tabs and times out...on 10.6.8 it would reload the tabs fine...

Lucky you guys have Ethernet available...

I'm having trouble installing onboard RTL8111E on Lion.
I've tried Lnx2Mac's drivers and Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 and neither seem to work.
I even deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist between each install.

Original Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 Drivers worked on Snow Leopard, however. (Lnx2Mac did not)

*Note I had a rebadged AirPort BCM4322 plugged in for both installs. Don't think this should interfere with the onboard ethernet tho (besides ordering of eth0 and eth1).

BTW, both are Clean installs.

Going to try to install Lion with WiFi card removed...

EDIT: Tried another clean install and worked. Maybe it was the order I was installing things...

Ok guys the results are in!!

1. Delete the networkinterfaces.plist and reinstall the lnx2mac driver (No affect)
2. Try dhcp / static ip allocation and compare (no affect)
- Changed Autonegitation aka. "Configure" from Automatic to Manual as per Lnx2Mac's advice: Voila :D google chrome reloads the tabs and iTunes is happy!

Solved: As per your fantastic recommendation :D - Thankyou!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back