Contribute
Register

(Solved) Crash on booting Monterey (i3-6100/hd530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@0bha your config.plist above shows you are using a framebuffer <00001259> for a Kaby Lake IGPU. The device-id <00001259> in your config is also set to display a Kaby Lake IGPU to macOS. Your User Profile says you have a Skylake IGPU, I assume the User Profile is correct.

Monterey supports the use of a Skylake IGPU, so I would recommend changing the DeviceProperties in your setup as shown below.

Current Device Properties for IGPU, using Kaby Lake Framebuffer and device-id.
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 19.14.24.png

Proposed DeviceProperties for your Skylake IGPU, no need for device-id entry as you aren't using a P530 IGPU.
Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 19.22.23.png

The Skylake settings in the screenshot above are what I use on my Skylake systems running macOS Monterey, using the iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

You shouldn't need XHCI-Unsupported.kext in your setup, as USBInjectAll.kext includes the USB controllers for your system chipset.

If you have mapped your USB ports, which I assume you have done as you have a USBMap.kext in your config.plist, you don't need USBInjectAll.kext.

You don't need the SSDT-PMC.aml or SSDT-USB-Reset.aml tables in your setup either. I don't use either table in my Skylake systems.

Have a look at the config3.plist attached below.
  • I have cleaned up your config removing a number of unnecessary entries.
  • I have added the Skylake IGPU device properties and disabled the kexts and SSDT's mentioned above.
  • Add your Serial Number and SystemUUID to this config and see if it works any better in your system.

Attachments

• config3.plist.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 44
ah thank you so much
i will try it as soon as i get a chance and report back

edit
i have tried to load the editted config with my build but i seem to not get pass the apple logo (no movement on progree bar)
i have attache my full efi folder as i think something else is wrong

Attachments

• efi 130323.zip
    41.7 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back