Contribute
Register

[solved] clover failing to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
clover failing to update

SO I had upgrade bay above OS manager in boot priority.

swapping those has corrected which clover to boot from.

diskutil list remains the same as it always has, SSD being disk0.

I'll remove the EFI folder I don't want now and report back.

clover failing to update

SO I had upgrade bay above OS manager in boot priority.

swapping those has corrected which clover to boot from.

Note that this could have been resolved after post #4 has you adequately investigated what I asked about in that post. Oh well... live and learn.

diskutil list remains the same as it always has, SSD being disk0.

Your SSD is simply "spinning up" faster than the HDD. There is no guarantee that the order of physical disks has anything to do with the order of bsd names. I have two identical SSDs in my desktop. The order of bsd assignment is random. Sometimes disk0 is assigned to the first (where Windows is installed), and sometimes disk0 is assigned to the second (where OS X is assigned).

clover failing to update

Note that this could have been resolved after post #4 has you adequately investigated what I asked about in that post. Oh well... live and learn.

Your SSD is simply "spinning up" faster than the HDD. There is no guarantee that the order of physical disks has anything to do with the order of bsd names. I have two identical SSDs in my desktop. The order of bsd assignment is random. Sometimes disk0 is assigned to the first (where Windows is installed), and sometimes disk0 is assigned to the second (where OS X is assigned).

Ok, I understand that, all I'm suggesting, is that I have always known mine to be as it is, which is probably why I assumed that disk0 always meant sata0.. probably due to my SSD being quicker than my HDD as you say.

Ive removed the second EFI folder without any issues.

Clover config still fails to update clover even though indicating it has with the same settings checked that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

You mentioned a negative effect of updating it with PBI, or perhaps not negative, but different, has this in effect disabled the need/ability to update with clover config in some way, this has always been my preferred method due to having the software installed on my machine, rather than downloading PBI each time for simply updating clover.

Appreciate your time on this RM!!

clover failing to update

Clover config still fails to update clover even though indicating it has with the same settings checked that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

What is "Clover config"?

clover failing to update

Clover configurator installed as extra in PBI

I would not recommend using CC to install Clover.

also tried the clover install pkg file direct.

Go back and read post #4 and post #10.

clover failing to update

I would not recommend using CC to install Clover.

Go back and read post #4 and post #10.

Im not sure how post 4 or 10 would apply now that Ive only got one EFI folder, and therefore only booting from the known Clover EFI?

ps, I always point the installer to OS X (which is on SSD) not OS X TEST (hdd).

it still detects OS X TEST however, as it does DATA, I assume as they are also Apple HFS partitions?

clover failing to update

Im not sure how post 4 or 10 would apply now that Ive only got one EFI folder, and therefore only booting from the known Clover EFI?

ps, I always point the installer to OS X (which is on SSD) not OS X TEST (hdd).

it still detects OS X TEST however, as it does DATA, I assume as they are also Apple HFS partitions?

What is your issue?

If you're still claiming that the Clover installer is not updating your installation of Clover UEFI, it comes down to the following:
- what (EFI) partition is the Clover installer updating
- what EFI partition are you booting to
- what version of Clover UEFI did you install
- did you use the correct options within the Clover installer
- what version of Clover UEFI is loading
- if they are different, where is the other one coming from

??

clover failing to update

What is your issue?

If you're still claiming that the Clover installer is not updating your installation of Clover UEFI, it comes down to the following:
- what (EFI) partition is the Clover installer updating I deleted the other EFI folder, can I delete the partition too? asuming you refer to the partition, and not EFI directory?
- what EFI partition are you booting to ​I assume again (perhaps incorrectly) The one with Clover on, disk0 SSD, I deleted the other EFI directory on HDD
- what version of Clover UEFI did you install,Clover was initially installed by PBI Im trying to update to latest revision
- did you use the correct options within the Clover installI admit, Ive never altered them, they seem to have certain options selected, does it default to what is already installed, it simply states update on the options
- what version of Clover UEFI is loading 3176 ,3185 available
- if they are different, where is the other one coming from, clover configurator, (will avoid now following your advice) and direct from clover webpage http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

??

Note: This is a downside of using PBI-CE. It does not install Clover as the Clover installer does, so when you go to run the actual Clover installer, you have to be aware and select the appropriate options. Or you could wait until PBI-CE is updated to use the version of Clover you want.

This is possibly my issue, when running PBI and selecting clover only, I am not shown what options are selected for me to know should I choose to use the clover installer?

clover failing to update

I deleted the other EFI folder, can I delete the partition too? asuming you refer to the partition, and not EFI directory?

No need to delete the partition. An EFI partition is a normal part of any GPT partitioned disk.

I assume again (perhaps incorrectly) The one with Clover on, disk0 SSD, I deleted the other EFI directory on HDD

Never assume. Always verify.

Clover was initially installed by PBI Im trying to update to latest revision

But what version?

Are you using the Clover Installer? What options?

I admit, Ive never altered them, they seem to have certain options selected, does it default to what is already installed, it simply states update on the options

The defaults are for a legacy Clover installer. Once you run the installer with the correct options (install for UEFI), it will remember your options the next time.

3176 ,3185 available

No idea what you mean. Only one version of Clover can load...

clover configurator, (will avoid now following your advice) and direct from clover webpage

Not what I mean. By 'where is the other one coming from' I mean from where is the Clover (incorrect version) loading from. That is 'which EFI partition is the BIOS loading it from...'

Don't use Clover Configurator to install Clover. Use the official Clover Installer or PBI-CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back