Motherboard
X1Carbon 5Gen
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am running High Sierra 13.6 on X1 Carbon 5th gen (2017)

I have already tried using the native cpu pwr management in this post but things don't seem be working...

problems in detail:
- sleep from idle or top left corner or close lid
- if try to wake up immediately everything is fine(lid, pwr button, keyboard)
- after a few seconds, breathing light shows on power indicator light (normal sleep behavior)
- when trying to wake up, now nothing works (press keyboard, press pwr button, open lid)
- you have to hold down the pwr button and force turn-off then restart to correctly boot
- after system start a pop-up shows with the error report

everything else is completely fine (reboot, normal boot after shutdown, hibernation turned off)

I am noob so need help with solving the problem as well :(

I'm guessing its because of AppleACPIPlatform?

Attachments

• Panic report.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 154
  • debug.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

I am running High Sierra 13.6 on X1 Carbon 5th gen (2017)

I have already tried using the native cpu pwr management in this post but things don't seem be working...

problems in detail:
- sleep from idle or top left corner or close lid
- if try to wake up immediately everything is fine(lid, pwr button, keyboard)
- after a few seconds, breathing light shows on power indicator light (normal sleep behavior)
- when trying to wake up, now nothing works (press keyboard, press pwr button, open lid)
- you have to hold down the pwr button and force turn-off then restart to correctly boot
- after system start a pop-up shows with the error report

everything else is completely fine (reboot, normal boot after shutdown, hibernation turned off)

I am noob so need help with solving the problem as well :(

I'm guessing its because of AppleACPIPlatform?

Is that your ACPI hotpatch setup or something someone else created? (looks very messy/overkill).

Is that your ACPI hotpatch setup or something someone else created? (looks very messy/overkill).

thought it was a kext issue :p solved now by cleaning up SSDT patches. however, few issues still remain:

- although the computer wakes up perfectly fine, the breathing light of pwr indicator remains
- brightness buttons refuse to work (this only happens after I apply the SSDT-Thinkpad_Clickpad patch)[maybe I can solve this by using the custom PS2 to ADB in VoodooPS2Controller.kext? still need helps on how to get ADB code(do I need to test one by one) and PS2 code]

thanks

Attachments

• debug.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
- although the computer wakes up perfectly fine, the breathing light of pwr indicator remains

Look at code related to _SST in SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl (in my hotpatch files).

- brightness buttons refuse to work (this only happens after I apply the SSDT-Thinkpad_Clickpad patch)[maybe I can solve this by using the custom PS2 to ADB in VoodooPS2Controller.kext? still need helps on how to get ADB code(do I need to test one by one) and PS2 code]

Brightness guide links to keyboard/brightness key guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.262169/

SSDT.aml should be deleted (it conflicts with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true).

Look at code related to _SST in SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl (in my hotpatch files).

Brightness guide links to keyboard/brightness key guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.262169/

SSDT.aml should be deleted (it conflicts with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true).

alright thanks will look into it, consider it solved :D.

a quick question that I couldn't seem to be able to find answers for on the forums:
how to I change the UI scale?

although I am using a 13 inch product model (MacBookPro14,1), my display is 14inch at 1920x1080, macOS seems to be giving me the UI size of a 15 inch computer(the top bar and texts are small) anyway to scale up that without having to reduce the resolution(display preferences -> scaled works but gives a lower resolution that looks bad)?

a quick question that I couldn't seem to be able to find answers for on the forums:
how to I change the UI scale?

although I am using a 13 inch product model (MacBookPro14,1), my display is 14inch at 1920x1080, macOS seems to be giving me the UI size of a 15 inch computer(the top bar and texts are small) anyway to scale up that without having to reduce the resolution(display preferences -> scaled works but gives a lower resolution that looks bad)?

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.133254/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back