Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can’t upgrade to High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
4D617800-6364-4698-B26F-FE0FE709C5F3.jpeg
87A852F7-082F-4B25-9795-6AE7290FFE1F.jpeg

This is as far as I have gotten. Can’t boot into Mac installer. Using internal graphics as recommended- hooked up to a 1920x1080 tv because my Monitor is a Yamakasi catleap IPS monitor. But nothing...

OK I am going to work on this ALL day today. I am starting from scratch and following all procedures. Also I am running a F22e Gigabyte BIOS. here is the clover file you asked for.
  • This CLOVER folder has nothing to help you install macOS system!!!!!!
  • I have yet to check the whole Folder but I was shocked to find CLOVER/kexts/Other EMPTY! It has no Essential kexts to load!!!!
  • All the numbered folders in CLOVER/kexts like 10.6 to 10.13 are EMPTY .
    • The numbered folders have no useful purpose in CLOVER and can be trashed
    • But a well stocked "Other" is what makes CLOVER a Booloader capable of loading ESSENTIAL kexts like FakeSMC without which there is No Hackintosh.

Attachments

• 1.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 61
5F9403FD-2862-46EE-9E42-512354FE18C2.jpeg
671ABABB-AB70-43F3-AD42-227A8A2056EF.jpeg
  • This CLOVER folder has nothing to help you install macOS system!!!!!!
  • I have yet to check the whole Folder but I was shocked to find CLOVER/kexts/Other EMPTY! It has no Essential kexts to load!!!!
  • All the numbered folders in CLOVER/kexts like 10.6 to 10.13 are EMPTY .
    • The numbered folders have no useful purpose in CLOVER and can be trashed
    • But a well stocked "Other" is what makes CLOVER a Booloader capable of loading ESSENTIAL kexts like FakeSMC without which there is No Hackintosh.
I don’t know why that happened but I did try another High Sierra USB stick I had and it worked. I got up to the installer- it rebooted, i talked but then said installation failed... I’m getting closer but don’t know what else to try...

View attachment 322131 View attachment 322132
I don’t know why that happened but I did try another High Sierra USB stick I had and it worked. I got up to the installer- it rebooted, i talked but then said installation failed... I’m getting closer but don’t know what else to try...
  • What version of macOS High Sierra have you downloaded to the real Mac or working Hackintosh to create the USB installer Flash disk?
  • What method was used to create the Installer. I do createInstall media command in terminal and then install the latest Clover EFI and edit CLOVER adding required kexts and change config.plist as needed.
  • You need to make sure the download is full and authentic by checking its shasum
    • Launch Terminal
    • copy and paste: shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
  • Wait until a long alphanumeric string output comes.
  • Right click that string and search with Google if your system is setup to do Right click Search with Google
    1.shasum.png
    or copy and Paste in Google to look for the associated macOS version with that shasum [see uploaded image of Terminal command output for shasum command for macOS High Sierra
    10.13.3 (17D47) 726c7516fdbe33ae3f2384ba1ce7efcda4335776 (InstallESD.dmg)]

After much struggling and boot flags I was able to install the latest version of HIGH SIERRA on a seperate SSD on my Hackintosh. I rebooted and was able to set up a new account BUT when I try to install my bootloader etc. through MultiBeast it FAILS! I am attaching the install log in the hopes that someone can help me get this finished.

This is what the log says:

Clover EFI installer log - Tue Apr 3 01:53:28 EDT 2018
Installer version: v2.4k r4359 EFI bootloader
======================================================
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Sierra 499.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *120.0 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk2 119.8 GB disk1s2

/dev/disk2 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +119.8 GB disk2
Physical Store disk1s2
1: APFS Volume HIGH SIERRA 10.9 GB disk2s1
2: APFS Volume Preboot 20.9 MB disk2s2
3: APFS Volume Recovery 517.8 MB disk2s3
4: APFS Volume VM 20.5 KB disk2s4

/dev/disk3 (external, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *68.3 GB disk3
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS USB 67.9 GB disk3s2

Target volume /Volumes/HIGH SIERRA on disk2 is APFS on physical store disk1s2
/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) operation/kext not allowed at current boot level; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
mount_msdos: msdos filesystem is not available

ERROR: can't mount ESP partition (disk1s1) !
Check that the partition is well formated in HFS or Fat32.

To format as HFS use command like:
sudo newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/rdisk1s1

For format as Fat32 use command like:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk1s1

Please help! I am hoping I can salvage this and finish this install. I have LOTS of work I need to do.

Thanks

After much struggling and boot flags I was able to install the latest version of HIGH SIERRA on a seperate SSD on my Hackintosh. I rebooted and was able to set up a new account BUT when I try to install my bootloader etc. through MultiBeast it FAILS! I am attaching the install log in the hopes that someone can help me get this finished.

This is what the log says:

Clover EFI installer log - Tue Apr 3 01:53:28 EDT 2018
Installer version: v2.4k r4359 EFI bootloader
======================================================
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Sierra 499.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *120.0 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk2 119.8 GB disk1s2

/dev/disk2 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +119.8 GB disk2
Physical Store disk1s2
1: APFS Volume HIGH SIERRA 10.9 GB disk2s1
2: APFS Volume Preboot 20.9 MB disk2s2
3: APFS Volume Recovery 517.8 MB disk2s3
4: APFS Volume VM 20.5 KB disk2s4

/dev/disk3 (external, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *68.3 GB disk3
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS USB 67.9 GB disk3s2

Target volume /Volumes/HIGH SIERRA on disk2 is APFS on physical store disk1s2
/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) operation/kext not allowed at current boot level; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
mount_msdos: msdos filesystem is not available

ERROR: can't mount ESP partition (disk1s1) !
Check that the partition is well formated in HFS or Fat32.

To format as HFS use command like:
sudo newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/rdisk1s1

For format as Fat32 use command like:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk1s1

Please help! I am hoping I can salvage this and finish this install. I have LOTS of work I need to do.

Thanks
Are you still able to boot consistently without any boot problems to the newly created HS on SSD System's desktop using the USB installer you had used to install it in APFS format?

Are you still able to boot consistently without any boot problems to the newly created HS on SSD System's desktop using the USB installer you had used to install it in APFS format?

I can boot into the new High Sierra SSD. But it necessitates me using my initial USB installer stick. At which point I choose "HIGH SIERRA" at the clover boot screen. MULTIBEAST fails to install the kexts needed for AUDIO, NETWORK. I was forced to use the standalone clover installer and I copied the FAKESMC kext to the other folder in clover.

BUT THATS IT....

I am not real familiar with the clover configurator and so I am not messing with it. I had read somewhere by "MaCMan" that there was an issue with Unibeast 8.2 and High Sierra 10.13.4 it was very late last night and there was a workaround where you type two command lines in terminal and that would fix it. They said a new fix would be out with the next version of Unibeast.
I made my installer sticks using the latest OS from the app store and downloaded the corresponding unibeast and multibeast from TonyMac.

Running multibeast is usually the simplest part of my install. But now how Apple automatically changes the drive format for SSD's using High Sierra, these EFI partitions and multiple disks to boot- Its a bit of a mess for me right now. I cant seem to find the Multibeast log? that might help point me in the right direction.

As of right now

1) I have installed 10.13.4 on a SSD called HIGH SIERRA
2) I have set up an account and have admin priveleges
3) I installed Clover with the standalone installer and put FAKESMC kext in other folder
4) Cant install kexts for audio, network, with Multibeast
5) Looking to find Multibeast installer to tell me if problem is related to APSFI format of hard drive or efi problem- or having two disks mounted with different versions of clover on them

Made more progress in last two days than I had in weeks. Will upload current clover config and pics soon

I can boot into the new High Sierra SSD. But it necessitates me using my initial USB installer stick. At which point I choose "HIGH SIERRA" at the clover boot screen. MULTIBEAST fails to install the kexts needed for AUDIO, NETWORK. I was forced to use the standalone clover installer and I copied the FAKESMC kext to the other folder in clover.

BUT THATS IT....

I am not real familiar with the clover configurator and so I am not messing with it. I had read somewhere by "MaCMan" that there was an issue with Unibeast 8.2 and High Sierra 10.13.4 it was very late last night and there was a workaround where you type two command lines in terminal and that would fix it. They said a new fix would be out with the next version of Unibeast.
I made my installer sticks using the latest OS from the app store and downloaded the corresponding unibeast and multibeast from TonyMac.

Running multibeast is usually the simplest part of my install. But now how Apple automatically changes the drive format for SSD's using High Sierra, these EFI partitions and multiple disks to boot- Its a bit of a mess for me right now. I cant seem to find the Multibeast log? that might help point me in the right direction.

As of right now

1) I have installed 10.13.4 on a SSD called HIGH SIERRA
2) I have set up an account and have admin priveleges
3) I installed Clover with the standalone installer and put FAKESMC kext in other folder
4) Cant install kexts for audio, network, with Multibeast
5) Looking to find Multibeast installer to tell me if problem is related to APSFI format of hard drive or efi problem- or having two disks mounted with different versions of clover on them

Made more progress in last two days than I had in weeks. Will upload current clover config and pics soon

• I was waiting to see your response to suggest installing Stand-alone Clover EFI bootloader to your High Sierra System SSD which you have already done.:)
  • In addition to the latest FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/Other ( Also remove all numbered folders from CLOVER/kexts/), I would suggest you to add other essential kexts including the ones you will need should you want to use current NVIDIA graphics . [In my system GA-B85M-DS3H with Intel HD 4400 and Nvidia GT 710 (natively supported in HS) , I have the kexts shown in the image of CLOVER/kexts/Other uploaded and it boot without any problem ]
    • In my experience kexts in that "Other" folder will be used if needed and ignored if the bootloader does not find a device that requires it. [See image 1]
  • Edit config.plist properly similar to what you have in the USB installer that helps to boot the System disk. [See images 2-10 in my system which has a MoBo closer to your System]

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.png
    3.png
    291 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.png
    4.png
    274.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 5.png
    5.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 6.png
    6.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 7.png
    7.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 8.png
    8.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 9.png
    9.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 10.png
    10.png
    274.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
  • I was waiting to see your response to suggest installing Stand-alone Clover EFI bootloader to your High Sierra System SSD which you have already done.:)
  • In addition to the latest FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/Other ( Also remove all numbered folders from CLOVER/kexts/), I would suggest you to add other essential kexts including the ones you will need should you want to use current NVIDIA graphics . [In my system GA-B85M-DS3H with Intel HD 4400 and Nvidia GT 710 (natively supported in HS) , I have the kexts shown in the image of CLOVER/kexts/Other uploaded and it boot without any problem ]
    • In my experience kexts in that "Other" folder will be used if needed and ignored if the bootloader does not find a device that requires it. [See image 1]
  • Edit config.plist properly similar to what you have in the USB installer that helps to boot the System disk. [See images 2-10 in my system which has a MoBo closer to your System]
Thanks! I’m on my way to work but will be back at it as soon as I return. I’m stubborn like that. Here is the link to the problem I discussed earlier. I have since remade the usb installer and run the terminal commands.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-2-and-macos-10-13-4-workaround.249081/

I will post my progress...

Thanks!

Thanks! I’m on my way to work but will be back at it as soon as I return. I’m stubborn like that. Here is the link to the problem I discussed earlier. I have since remade the usb installer and run the terminal commands.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-2-and-macos-10-13-4-workaround.249081/

I will post my progress...

Thanks!
So I have the install working just the POST INSTALL is killing me. I have INTERNET but GRAPHICS is a pain. The video is laggy showing noticeable bands where there should be Smooth animation. My GPU is NOT detected by CUDA even though the system report shows it well. I am so close and want to fix this but I am tempted to REINSTALL using the new USB stick w MacMans workaround. Someone please talk me off of the ledge!

Also no matter what I do- the graphic drivers default to MacOs drivers. Even when I put a check mark on booting clover to use "WEB DRIVERS" its frustrating.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 10.15.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 10.14.00 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back