Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i7 4720HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600/Nvidia 970M 3GB (Optimus)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I do understand that QHD+ requires a patched IOKit, increased DVMT-prealloc, and a framebuffer patch to match. However, I'm not too experienced and still trying to figure out how to increase my DVMT=prealloc and a framebuffer patch to go along with it. I have already disabled System Integrity Protection and installed an IOKit for my system. However the boot still hangs when trying to inject my Intel HD 4600. Be in mind this is a laptop and there are no options in the Bios to change the DVMT-prealloc.

Please if anyone could help me out with a step by step or give me ideas. I'm still learning and have read the Lenovo y50 guide and still trying to comprehend it.

Thanks,
~Alex

Current Setup: Razer Blade 2015 QHD+ (3200x1800)
CPU: Intel i7 4720HQ
Graphics: Intel HD 4600
16GB DDR3

So I do understand that QHD+ requires a patched IOKit, increased DVMT-prealloc, and a framebuffer patch to match. However, I'm not too experienced and still trying to figure out how to increase my DVMT=prealloc and a framebuffer patch to go along with it. I have already disabled System Integrity Protection and installed an IOKit for my system. However the boot still hangs when trying to inject my Intel HD 4600. Be in mind this is a laptop and there are no options in the Bios to change the DVMT-prealloc.

Please if anyone could help me out with a step by step or give me ideas. I'm still learning and have read the Lenovo y50 guide and still trying to comprehend it.

Thanks,
~Alex

Current Setup: Razer Blade 2015 QHD+ (3200x1800)
CPU: Intel i7 4720HQ
Graphics: Intel HD 4600
16GB DDR3

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Requirements for QHD+/UHD displays:
- patched IOKit framework (to remove pixel clock limitations)
- DVMT-prealloc set to 96MB or 128MB in BIOS
- Haswell: ig-platform-id 0xa2e0008
- Haswell: framebuffer configuration for 0xa2e0008 patched to match DVMT-prealloc value (Broadwell determines BIOS size dynamically)
- "normal" requirements for Haswell/Broadwell systems

Still really confused how to change the dvmt-prealloc along with the framebuffer patch?

Requirements for QHD+/UHD displays:
- patched IOKit framework (to remove pixel clock limitations)
- DVMT-prealloc set to 96MB or 128MB in BIOS
- Haswell: ig-platform-id 0xa2e0008
- Haswell: framebuffer configuration for 0xa2e0008 patched to match DVMT-prealloc value (Broadwell determines BIOS size dynamically)
- "normal" requirements for Haswell/Broadwell systems

Still really confused how to change the dvmt-prealloc along with the framebuffer patch?

The framebuffer patches are in the config.plists from my main Clover guide, but disabled. Disabled patches are covered in post #2 of the guide.

For setting DVMT-prealloc, see links in the FAQ. If your BIOS doesn't provide the option, you need to use setup_var from the special UEFI shell after determining the variable offset by doing an IFR extract from BIOS.

Is there anyway I can just run 1080p without having to do the dvmt-prealloc and patch?

Okay I used your patch and got the iokit installed and changed my id to 0a2e0008 and it actually pops up the login screen now, but flickering like crazy.

Okay I used your patch and got the iokit installed and changed my id to 0a2e0008 and it actually pops up the login screen now, but flickering like crazy.

Did you set DVMT-prealloc to 96mb or 128mb and enable the framebuffer patch to match?

These tasks are not optional.

--

And if you have an issue, no idea without data...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Heres my Zip.

Please help me figure this out so close to finally getting this to run.

Attachments

• Alex's Mac.zip
    4 MB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back