Contribute
Register

[Solved] AMD Radeon 6850 Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AMD Radeon 6850 Freezing

Sorry - I gave you a typo on the grep. Try this instead!!

ioreg | grep ATY
| | | | +-o ATY,Bulrushes@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (142 ms), retain 7>
| | | | +-o ATY,Bulrushes@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d7, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4 ms), retain 7>
| | | | +-o ATY,Bulrushes@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d8, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 7>
| | | | +-o ATY,Bulrushes@3 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d9, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 7>

2. Yep UseKernelCache in the chameleon.boot.plist

3. Remove Darkwake - it is not necessary.

Try this first and then lets try Bulrushes again, The other thing you may need to do is to inject the GraphicsMode as per your resolution like in my boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Bulrushes</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>&quot;Graphics Mode&quot;</key>
<string>&quot;1280x1024x32&quot;</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Cheers

I made the changes including GraphicsMode. All is the same except my NovaBench score dropped by 400 points due to graphics. Will try Bulrushes now.

Code:
bash-3.2$ ioreg |grep ATY
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$

I just tried ATIConfig=Bulrushes to get white screened. Had to hard boot to recover.

cmutt78 said:
I made the changes including GraphicsMode. All is the same except my NovaBench score dropped by 400 points due to graphics. Will try Bulrushes now.

Code:
bash-3.2$ ioreg |grep ATY
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$

OK, the ioreg excerpt above shows that the frame buffer is reseting to the default vanilla RadeonFramebuffer which is why its still showing 6xxx series Graphics Card - you have no graphics acceleration with that setup. Don't forget that your 2nd dvi port will not work, so be prepared to use HDMI to DVI or display port to DVI for the second monitor. Do set the AtiPorts and GraphicsMode parameters for your main display.

I snapped a picture of where it stopped. See below:

photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    727.3 KB · Views: 186

definitely getting close - try booting in single user mode and verbose please. Could be a next conflict as ATY_quitting is a bad sign!!

see how you go - we may need to go back to your "working" FB and get a list of installed kexts.

once you get in to OSX - at terminal - type "kextstat" or if you have checked against my attachment and can't see any differences, type "kextstat > kextstat.txt" and attach the txt file.

Attachments

• kextstat.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 221

kextstat.txt

in single user verbose mode nothing different shown..

You have many more kexts than I do. Still comparing.

Attachments

• kextstat.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back