Contribute
Register

[Solved] AMD Monitor is displaying colors in reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Nvidia > need model # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have upgraded to the latest version of High Sierra. Doing a clean install. I have two IPS monitors attached to a Radeon RX 580 ARMOR Overclocked 8GB GDDR5 Video Card. One monitor displays well. Attached via DVI connection. Second monitor using DP does not render color accurately. Card is recognized correctly in "About this mac" but color rendering is bad.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R14UwsSw114d91ff7
IMG_6113.JPG

I have tried using an app to change billions of colors to millions with no success. This worked on a previous AMD card I had on a previous build.

What is the correct way to fix this? Because my USB 3 ports arent working either andI need to fix them next!!! one thing at a time.

Thanks!

For possible solution see post #249 and #389 of macOS 10.13.6 Update

For possible solution see post #44 of macOS 10.13.6 Update
BreBo, Thank You so much! Your advice was spot on ! Both of the fixes worked like a charm. I was in the middle of reinstalling High Sierra on a extra SSD I had when I saw your reply. I am very happy to get my machine up and running with the latest OS and everything working , booting from my fastest drive. The thing about the monitor color space also makes a lot of sense. I would have NEVER imagined that fix if you had not brought it to my attention. Thanks again. Your help was invaluable to me and much appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back