Contribute
Register

Solved 4 dimm crashing/freezing on GA Z87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabling Intel XMP and reducing speed to 1600MHz (2400MHz modules) works fine for me. No freezes for months now.

Strange ... I'm running 4x4GB Kingston HyperX Blu sticks, at XMP Profile 1, 1600MHz, 9-9-9-27 timings, with the beta F8m, and zero freezes.

With F7, I would freeze pretty frequently. I'm guessing memory brand and over clocking do have different effects on stability.

Not using Chimera, but Clover UEFI as well. Sleep and Wake works perfectly.

Strange ... I'm running 4x4GB Kingston HyperX Blu sticks, at XMP Profile 1, 1600MHz, 9-9-9-27 timings, with the beta F8m, and zero freezes.

With F7, I would freeze pretty frequently. I'm guessing memory brand and over clocking do have different effects on stability.

Not using Chimera, but Clover UEFI as well. Sleep and Wake works perfectly.
Your System is still from Freezes ?

I don't know if this will help anyone but I did some troubleshooting and found that an app I was running, called Function Flip, was the culprit of my hackintosh freezing. I thought for sure it was a ram problem just by reading these forums, but it was not. I just deleted the app, and it is stable. I hope this helps someone. :idea:

I am running Mavericks 10.9.3 and have a GA-H87M-D3H / Intel i7 4790 CPU / Crucial 32GB Ram Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back