Contribute
Register

So close.. Need to enable GeForce NVIDIA 8400GS on Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hit/click sleep and it goes down but when I go to wake the system comes on but the monitor no.

I heard that.. I have this system. Mobo is super common on here, maybe I should ask some one individually.

ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/DI/1GD2(LP) GeForce 8400 GS 1GB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3A1600C9
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

yes best to look for someone with same setup and ask them how they got it all to work nicely...there are tons of posts here about sleep ...good luck with it.. :thumbup:

Thanks buddy!

Hi guys, I still cant get my sleeping Lion to wake the NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS? I did not use any Kexts??? I just used the Driver from NVidia. My graphics look awesome and I am able to change resolution. The only thing I cant do is wake from sleep.? Any suggestions?

I was able to get Lion installed on the GA-G41M-ES2L that has a Zotac 8400 GS 256 MB. And it works great with dual displays (HDMI and DVI). It won't work with dual displays if one of them is VGA.

I installed Lion using the well documented Unibeast and Multibeast method from tonymacx86

To get multiple resolutions:

I had to add the proper graphic device ID in "NVDAN50HAL.kext" in the info.plist. This file is in /System/Library/Extensions

To get multiple displays I had to:

Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist and added

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

I hope this helps others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back