INTEL 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone.

I have installed snow leopard on a hackintosh build and the installation was successful. The system is an i5 2500 with gigabyte motherboard.

After doing the install I did the package upade as is advised on this site. When I do the 10.6.8 combo upadte it forces me to reboot to complete the installation not giving me an option to reboot later so I cant run the multibeast 3.9.1 package.

Once the machine is rebooted it starts to load up and I hear a click as it forces the system to reboot after this the system starts to load and 1/2 the screen prints a bunch of pixels and the bottom 1/2 of the screen is still the apple gray with the rotating pin wheel but nothing happens after this.

Any ideas why this is happening only when the update is done.

A friend of mine gave me his server version to test and it does exactly the same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ikhan42

It means you have not finished all the steps.

boot with iboot and hover over to OSX and boot the HDD. Rerun the combo update, DO NOT reboot and run Multibeast and apply your selections. Once it is done, you can reboot normally.

If you have not performed the UPDATE HELPER step, then so that and reboot before applying 10.6.8 update & multi beast mentioned above.

My problem is it wont let me reboot into the OS unless I do a complete reinstall of the os. I have done this aboput 5 times today. What I am doing is installing the os and confirming all is working then I run the update helper package and let that complete. I then run the combo update and this is where things go horribly wrong. Is there anyway I can get into the os (safe mode ) type function? as the system locks up when it tries to boot in snow leopard.

Thanks for the prompt reply
ikhan42

ijhu said:
It means you have not finished all the steps.

boot with iboot and hover over to OSX and boot the HDD. Rerun the combo update, DO NOT reboot and run Multibeast and apply your selections. Once it is done, you can reboot normally.

If you have not performed the UPDATE HELPER step, then so that and reboot before applying 10.6.8 update & multi beast mentioned above.

Then you should do the following.

First, update your signature to reflect the equipment you are hackintoshing. In order to understand exactly what you have this is mandatory if you READ the forum rule. Currently the signature is showing Gigabyte/ Core Duo but you are enquiring Socket 1155 Sandy bridge build.

1) install 10.6 base
2) clone your 10.6 to another drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or superDuper.
3) Install Update Helper and reboot
4) Install combo 10.6.8 update (DO NOT reboot) and apply Multibeast.
5) Finish up your install

If you have install, use the clone and re-clone to avoid the installation step from the beginning.

ikhan42 said:
Hi everyone.

I have installed snow leopard on a hackintosh build and the installation was successful. The system is an i5 2500 with gigabyte motherboard.

After doing the install I did the package upade as is advised on this site. When I do the 10.6.8 combo upadte it forces me to reboot to complete the installation not giving me an option to reboot later so I cant run the multibeast 3.9.1 package.

Once the machine is rebooted it starts to load up and I hear a click as it forces the system to reboot after this the system starts to load and 1/2 the screen prints a bunch of pixels and the bottom 1/2 of the screen is still the apple gray with the rotating pin wheel but nothing happens after this.

Any ideas why this is happening only when the update is done.

A friend of mine gave me his server version to test and it does exactly the same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ikhan42

Hi ikhan42,

the thing that work for me is that I run the update package, run multibeast. Rebooted and then run the combo update. After the update I run Multibeast again (might be unnecessary but still did it). took the iboot disk out and rebooted normally.

hope it helps, I know how frustrating this can get.

good luck! :thumbup:

Apologies,

I have 3 computers I am trying to do this on any one of them, I have given up on one which is an i7 2600k because of my hd6970 OC2 card and am now trying on another one of my systems. I am not at home so will update my signature when I get home to reflect the system I am testing at the moment.

Its step 4 that I am having problems with as it doesnt give me any option not to reboot. I get a window open that tells me in english and a couple of other languages that I have to hold the power down to reboot it gives me no option to continue so I am unable to run the multibeast package after the 10.6.8 combo update.

How to I get past this and finish doing the install of multibeast when the only thing that does anything is me holding the power button down to reboot. I must be missing something.

ikhan42

ijhu said:
Then you should do the following.

First, update your signature to reflect the equipment you are hackintoshing. In order to understand exactly what you have this is mandatory if you READ the forum rule. Currently the signature is showing Gigabyte/ Core Duo but you are enquiring Socket 1155 Sandy bridge build.

1) install 10.6 base
2) clone your 10.6 to another drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or superDuper.
3) Install Update Helper and reboot
4) Install combo 10.6.8 update (DO NOT reboot) and apply Multibeast.
5) Finish up your install

If you have install, use the clone and re-clone to avoid the installation step from the beginning.

Thanks for that suggestion will try it tomorrow hopefully this will help I am sure will get this worked out eventually.

Thanks again
ikhan42

hotpepper said:
Hi ikhan42,

the thing that work for me is that I run the update package, run multibeast. Rebooted and then run the combo update. After the update I run Multibeast again (might be unnecessary but still did it). took the iboot disk out and rebooted normally.

hope it helps, I know how frustrating this can get.

good luck! :thumbup:

Look at tonymacx86's and MacMan's signature blocks for the correct content per FAQ #3.

I am also having the same problem. In fact, the same problem is displayed on my screen right now. It's forcing me to restart the hackintosh. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back