Graphics
Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I just wanted to let you guys know, it seems to be working, as was expected. I just swapped out my Asus P8P67 Deluxe for this one and I'm typing this here. I just need to re-run multibeast to enable sound, since the sound controller changed.

blaenk said:
So I just wanted to let you guys know, it seems to be working, as was expected. I just swapped out my Asus P8P67 Deluxe for this one and I'm typing this here. I just need to re-run multibeast to enable sound, since the sound controller changed.

Sleep?
Speedstep?
Turbo?
Audio?

What? I haven't upgraded to the iMac 10.6.7's 10.7.4 kernel which supposedly supports speed step (which btw as far as I know is the same thing as turbo? increase speed based on usage). I just overclocked to 4.4ghz and that's what I run at, but that was the same before z68 so nothing new.

I got audio working just fine now, I just did the audio routine with ALC 892.

So yeah, I don't plan on experimenting with this one because I use it for work, sorry about that, I just wanted to confirm that it does work at all, a lot of people were wondering.

Thank You...

Yes Turbo/Speedstep etc the same...sorry...

Nice. Keep us posted!

What features in the Deluxe you seem to miss?
I have the P67 Deluxe too, and thinking of replacing it with Z68 Pro if it's worth it.

To be honest I don't really miss anything. The deluxe mainly had the advantage (if you can call it that) of "flair" over the pro. Like an added small heatsink underneath the processor socket, the POST code display on the bottom of the mobo (which I thought was neat), and the USB 3.0 drive bay that you can put at the front of your computer. The Z68 V-PRO comes with a back panel USB 3.0 slot so you still have the extra USB 3.0 connections just at the back. I never used the USB 3 at the front anyways, since I don't have any USB 3 devices. I just use the USB connectors at the front of my case.

That's pretty much it really. I would have gotten the Z68 Deluxe but that one is basically a P67 Deluxe repurposed for Z68 (several reviews have said so), so for example it doesn't even have connectors to take advantage of the IGP which is kind of the main reason for the Z68 in the first place (to merge P67 and H67), even if I don't intend on using IGP much.

In fact when I got the P67 I realized it was mostly just little touches like that, but technically it seems like the Pro is more or less the same, minus the flair. And since I'm getting a refund for my Deluxe (it's pre-B3), I'm actually saving money by going for the V-Pro, which I know will suit my needs having used the Deluxe already.

So yeah I liked the Deluxe, but this is practically identical (you will see), and I don't need the extra flair.

cakemonster said:
blaenk said:

Sleep?
Speedstep?
Turbo?
Audio?

I will be doing testing, need to do some shopping than i will get it together

Alf :D

One of the most interesting differences between the V-Pro and the Deluxe to me is the chipset used for USB3. Have you had any luck (or the opportunity to test) the USB3 connections on this board? Do they seem to work? Presumably the USB2 works fine?

I'm most interested in if the Speedstep issues from the P67 Asus boards (crashes when null power management isn't used, unlike Gigabyte boards) exists in the Z68 boards or if it works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back