Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi, im having real problems trying to install Snow Leopard on my probook.

I bought the probook for the soul purpose of installing mavericks and with a very good background with windows and reading the guides it looked quite straightforward, How wrong i was.

Ive tried iboot, Probook installer, multibeast, clover, snow leopard disk image and retail dvd and nothing works!!

I can install it fine but when it comes to updating to 10.6.8 for mac app store it wont boot from HDD.

First i had Boot0 error which i sorted, then i get to the bootloader, hit enter on snow leopard, either i get a gray screen after apple symbol or this screen

View attachment 99748View attachment 99749View attachment 99750

I really want to hackintosh this thing and everyone else seems to have little trouble on probooks

Ill give it one more go before i put windows on it!! :(

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    956.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    820.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 149
hi, im having real problems trying to install Snow Leopard on my probook.

I bought the probook for the soul purpose of installing mavericks and with a very good background with windows and reading the guides it looked quite straightforward, How wrong i was.

Ive tried iboot, Probook installer, multibeast, clover, snow leopard disk image and retail dvd and nothing works!!

I can install it fine but when it comes to updating to 10.6.8 for mac app store it wont boot from HDD.

First i had Boot0 error which i sorted, then i get to the bootloader, hit enter on snow leopard, either i get a gray screen after apple symbol or this screen

View attachment 99748View attachment 99749View attachment 99750

I really want to hackintosh this thing and everyone else seems to have little trouble on probooks

Ill give it one more go before i put windows on it!! :(

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/78905-guide-installing-snow-leopard-hp-probook.html

thanks but thats the guide i followed!! always has the same result

ok, ive managed to install snow leopard and boot from HDD but only safe mode, ive made a unibeast mavericks usb drive but im unable to get to the installer.

light gray screen with apple logo, then stuck at a dark gray black screen

-x -v results in the same screen.

update,

im install mavericks now!!

i managed to do this by copying mini-SSDT-duallink.aml and renaming it to SSDT.aml to the extras folder on the unibeast usb

Also i had to use snow leopard with multibeast as probook installer wouldnt work

Im planning on using muiltibeast with mavericks too

ill update again with any news!!

hi, Mavericks all done with probook installer, loving it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back