Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

First of all thanks tonymac for this site, I appreciate everything you've done so far!

I was able to install Snow Leopard 10.6 on my dell studio which has the following Specs

•Intel Core i5-520M 2.40GHz
•4GB 1066MHz DDR3
•15.6" (1080p) LED Display
•ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, 1GB
•Intel WiFi Link 6200 [Not working. Tried bcm43xx_enabler.sh but didn't work.]

I managed to boot using iBoot Legacy as the latest version of iBoot was not compatible. (it would not proceed to the language screen) with iBoot legacy i installed Snow Leopard on my hard drive. I was able to get sound working along with my ethernet connection also. I also manged to get my Graphics working, however the hdmi doesnt seem to connect.
Also theres an issue with wireless but i know thats not going to work for the time being.

I tried updating the software to 10.6.8 but i seemed to get errors when trying to update! So i installed the update helper which enabled me to update to 10.6.8... but when I tried to get multibeast working it would not boot properly... I tried creating a specific DSDT file but that did not work and the CMOS keeps on rebooting the laptop. so now i cannot boot into snow leopard which is pretty frustrating! But i wont give up so easily! I was able to dual boot with windows, and had used iboot legacy as bootable file with easybcd, but after installing the update it doesnt seem to boot. It ends up with a black screen

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful!

My goal is to get Lion OSx up and running eventually with the drivers fully working!!

Thanks You all in advance

cn06wa

Same issue here. I also have the Studio 1558. Installed 10.6.3 SL. But once I update to 10.6.8 and install Multibeast, It's not booting from HDD. Also Wireless does not work.

How did you get your Graphics working?

Thanks!! But I have a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD. Not sure whether this kext will work on my Studio 1558.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back