Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits for AMD 5xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone any idea where to get AppleHDA v 1.9.9?

I can find dozens of versions on insanelymac but they are all modified and different versions.

I'm down to the part to edit the kexts but have AppleHDA v 1.7.9. I cannot find "02 10 50 aa" in AppleHDAController Binary.

I don't know if the 1.7.9 version is the rollback "10.6.2" version or not. I always updated and am on 1.6.8 now and never had to reinstall the kext or anything...

Anyone any thoughts? I used the multibeast tool when I set up this system but it's been a very long time since I tampered with the inner workings of my machine... don't want to ruin a good thing.

Thanks!
K.

GA-P55-UD5
ATI Radeon HD 5700
REALTEK 885

kareldc said:
I'm down to the part to edit the kexts but have AppleHDA v 1.7.9. I cannot find "02 10 50 aa" in AppleHDAController Binary.

I don't know if the 1.7.9 version is the rollback "10.6.2" version or not. I always updated and am on 1.6.8 now and never had to reinstall the kext or anything...
AppleHDA-v1.7.9 is the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext referred to as AppleHDA Rollback. At that time OS X didn't know what ATI/AMD HDMI audio was. Try this 885_Lion_AppleHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back