Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 2: DSDT Edits

sprockett said:
Thanks again
I have found the enabler and removed it.
HDAEnabler889.kext
Now I can find the HDAU and looks as I would expect.
Problem is I had updated to 10-6-8, and as you said before my card wont work HD Audio on 10-6-7.
Guess Im waiting for 10-8 Lion.
Its been a great learning curve

Sprockett

Congratulations. While looking for your HDMI audio problem, I noticed in your IOReg that AppleLPC.kext is not loading. This is required for SpeedStep and may get you more performance. There are many guides describing either to patch the kext or provide DSDT injection.

Thanks for the heads up on the AppleLPC.kext, that will give me something to work on while waiting for the Lion.

Regards
Sprockett

With these edits HDMI works as expected. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Now I can go back to Plex and get rid of my xbmc box. Thanks everyone :D

Thanks for the great guide!
I'm familiar with dsdt and know how to make changes to it. I just get stuck on one of the first steps... o_O

I found out my ID is P0P2@1
I have no PEGP but GFX0
In the guide it says I should seek assistance... so thats what I do :)
I just checked and I have HDMI Audio in Win7 so I hope there is a way to get it working! I tried a lot of things tonight but now I give up and hope for someone to help me on this...
I treid replacing the P0P2 with PEGP device but this gives me a lot of compile errors.

I have a laptop with NVIDIA GT310M
My DSDT is attached. I don't use graphic enabler, the DSDT is edited to have GFX working.
Any help would be gladly appreciated!

HFmsJ.png

VPKNo.png

lOqb6.png

PS I use VoodooHDA for Audio but dont see the HDMI outputs in Audio MIDI setup (I dont know if this information is important)

Attachments

• dsdt-final.aml
    44.7 KB · Views: 118

mrchrister said:
Thanks for the great guide!
I'm familiar with dsdt and know how to make changes to it. I just get stuck on one of the first steps... o_O

I found out my ID is P0P2@1
I have no PEGP but GFX0
In the guide it says I should seek assistance... so thats what I do :)
I just checked and I have HDMI Audio in Win7 so I hope there is a way to get it working! I tried a lot of things tonight but now I give up and hope for someone to help me on this...
I treid replacing the P0P2 with PEGP device but this gives me a lot of compile errors.

I have a laptop with NVIDIA GT310M
My DSDT is attached. I don't use graphic enabler, the DSDT is edited to have GFX working.
Any help would be gladly appreciated!

PS I use VoodooHDA for Audio but dont see the HDMI outputs in Audio MIDI setup (I dont know if this information is important)

If you use Voodoo for you audio then you have to find a way to get HDMI audio to work in Voodoo. I have never used Voodoo so I can't help you with it. However, if you want HDMI audio using AppleHDA, we can do that. The means you will have to find an onboard audio solution that works with AppleHDA. Its one or the other. Please reply with what you'd like to do.

thanks for the feedback toleda!
I think I have to use Voodoo to get audio working. I browsed a few forums with topics regarding my laptop and it seems like everyone is using voodoo! so i wonder if there is a way to patch applehda to make it work, but i guess this question belongs in another thread...

mrchrister said:
thanks for the feedback toleda!
I think I have to use Voodoo to get audio working. I browsed a few forums with topics regarding my laptop and it seems like everyone is using voodoo! so i wonder if there is a way to patch applehda to make it work, but i guess this question belongs in another thread...
What codec is in your laptop?

High Definition (HD) Audio, RealTek® ALC272 codec

thanks for the support! I'll see if I can get it to work with vodoo then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back