INTEL 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I have read in numerous posts that snow leopard doesnt work with the 6970 video card. I was at JB today and saw a mac desktop that had an intel i5 prosessor and the AMD 6970 HIS graphics card. This desktop was running osx 10.6.8.

Is there something I am missing ? why can snow leopard not be installed on a pc based mac with a 6970 card when apple is selling it on this hardware.

Any help/ info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
ikhan42

ikhan42 said:
Hi everyone,

I have read in numerous posts that snow leopard doesnt work with the 6970 video card. I was at JB today and saw a mac desktop that had an intel i5 prosessor and the AMD 6970 HIS graphics card. This desktop was running osx 10.6.8.

Is there something I am missing ? why can snow leopard not be installed on a pc based mac with a 6970 card when apple is selling it on this hardware.

thanks
ikhan42

I don't think Apple is selling a Mac with a 6970 display card, not as far as I can see from the Apple online store.

Are you sure you are seeing a genuine Mac?

James,

I was suprised but i took a picture and just looked at it on my blackberry and it definately says 6970 in the description, however when I look on there website for that model the website description is 6770M so guess jb blacktown stuffed up.

Thanks for the info
ikhan42

Jamesbond007 said:
ikhan42 said:
Hi everyone,

thanks
ikhan42

I don't think Apple is selling a Mac with a 6970 display card, not as far as I can see from the Apple online store.

Ok Guys I went to JB hi-fi again today and had a look it is a genuine mac i5 processor and it does in fact have an amd 6970 HD video card. This time I took a picture of the systems page with the info.

Picture attached so how do we implement the 6970 onto a PC version, there are obviously drivers available to do this after all.

Im getting excited guys!!! SHould I calm down???

ikhan42

Jamesbond007 said:
ikhan42 said:
Hi everyone,

thanks
ikhan42

Attachments

• IMG-20110811-01056.jpg
    IMG-20110811-01056.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 154
ikhan42 said:
Ok Guys I went to JB hi-fi again today and had a look it is a genuine mac i5 processor and it does in fact have an amd 6970 HD video card. This time I took a picture of the systems page with the info.

Looking at the picture, which part of '6970M' is it you don't understand ?

No part of it do I not understand !!! not sure if that is a legitimate question or are you implying im stupud dude. Is this not the same card as the 6970 ?

ikhan42

Peter R. said:
ikhan42 said:

Looking at the picture, which part of '6970M' is it you don't understand ?

1. I do not wish to be called 'dude' by someone I don't know personally.
2. Indeed, the M has a different architecture than the 'regular'. I am by no means an expert on these matters, but if I understand correctly, the M has the same architecture than the 68xx, whereas the 69xx regular is brand new. It's just a different card.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, of course, but I imagine someone posessing a far greater knowledge about these matters will be along shortly (time difference with the US).

All joking outside, trying the different ways to persuade my 6970 to give me some kind of picture, i bricked my mobo yesterday.
I do not know if this is a coincidence or not, but I have found it resets my bios under certain circumstances.
So whatever you do, be careful. Dude.

The 'M' stands for Mobile.

It's a laptop card and used in the iMacs cos they are slimline.

User error... FAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back