Motherboard
Acer Aspire V5-571p-6866
CPU
i3-3227U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. I have managed to successfully install Mavericks 10.9.2 on my Acer and have almost everything working except for Audio, Touchscreen and Wifi. Im not sure that power management is working properly. I am using my own Patched DSDT along with my own SSDT. I was originally using chameleon boot loader and have recently switched to Clover boot loader for its UEFI advantage. I have clover working properly yet have noticed extended boot times while using clover vs chameleon. Im not sure how to interpret all the information so i have turned to this wonderful community for help. To compare chameleon takes around 2 minutes to boot while chameleon takes 4-5 on average. I do have the latest version of both boot loaders. If theres any more info that you need from me please don't hesitate to ask and I will try to get the information posted. Thanks so much for your help.
~Adrian.

Attachments

• preboot.log
    13.7 KB · Views: 119
Hi all. I have managed to successfully install Mavericks 10.9.2 on my Acer and have almost everything working except for Audio, Touchscreen and Wifi. Im not sure that power management is working properly. I am using my own Patched DSDT along with my own SSDT. I was originally using chameleon boot loader and have recently switched to Clover boot loader for its UEFI advantage. I have clover working properly yet have noticed extended boot times while using clover vs chameleon. Im not sure how to interpret all the information so i have turned to this wonderful community for help. To compare chameleon takes around 2 minutes to boot while chameleon takes 4-5 on average. I do have the latest version of both boot loaders. If theres any more info that you need from me please don't hesitate to ask and I will try to get the information posted. Thanks so much for your help.
~Adrian.

Yes it happen when the kext like audio or others are not install yet... (I have the same problem and after installing my audio kext, my hack boot super fast)... try first to find and install all the driver and it may boot faster...

Yes it happen when the kext like audio or others are not install yet... (I have the same problem and after installing my audio kext, my hack boot super fast)... try first to find and install all the driver and it may boot faster...

Sadly my audio card isn't supported, i have Realtek ALC 269. I have tried patched dsdt along with kext and still no audio. VodooHDa doesn't seem to work either. Thanks

Ive tried that link before and it didn't work, I did however finally find a combination that worked for me. I have uploaded the zip for anyone who would like to try there for their alc269. You can install these using your favorite kext installer, I use kextwizard. Don't forget to rebuild cache and permissions and reboot. This got audio working for me but sadly no microphone. I may try to install voodoo preference pane to see if i can do something from there that may help. Your suggestion for missing drivers as the cause of boot time really was it I realized that i didn't have Rc scripts installed from CLOVER and that because of my phoenix bios i needed EMUVariableUefi-64.uefi. After a few reboots after all of this I now have working audio with no MIC and a much better boot time. I see there aren't many guides for this laptop so might just build one with all the success I've had.

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    162.6 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back