Contribute
Register

Sleep not working at all with Mavericks installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem for me is that my Hachintosh does NOT go asleep. It doesn't go asleep from the Apple Menue -> sleep manual command. It shuts off the display and just hangs. Only a HW reset gets the OS to return.

I tried booting in Safe mode, -x on the Chmiera command line. In safe mode the system sleeps and wakes correctly.

What is the next step to identify which kext is causing the problem? How do you suggest I debug from here on?

Funny that in Safe mode the pmset -g assertions command returns the same status as above, but the system sleeps. So debugging with pmset has not led me to a solution. Quite the reverse, it seems like a distraction.

Ping, ping ping

The problem for me is that my Hachintosh does NOT go asleep. It doesn't go asleep from the Apple Menue -> sleep manual command. It shuts off the display and just hangs. Only a HW reset gets the OS to return.

I tried booting in Safe mode, -x on the Chmiera command line. In safe mode the system sleeps and wakes correctly.

What is the next step to identify which kext is causing the problem? How do you suggest I debug from here on?

Funny that in Safe mode the pmset -g assertions command returns the same status as above, but the system sleeps. So debugging with pmset has not led me to a solution. Quite the reverse, it seems like a distraction.

Ping ping. Has the Forum gone asleep?

Try adding <string>darkwake=0</string> to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

(You can use Chameleon Wizard)

Good Luck

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED !!!

Came back to this problem after 3 more weeks, and using the hints about the darkwake flag in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist I finally STUMBLED on a fix.

How does one change this thread title/classification to SOLVED?

I stumbled on the fix by inserting a XML comment string "<!-- --> " into the file to remove the DarkWake key only. What I found was that Chameleon ignored the rest of the directives/keys and all of a sudden sleep/wake worked perfectly. Then it was a question of iterating down the remaining keys to find that the TIMEOUT directive was the cause of the failure to sleep/wake.

When I removed <key>Timeout</key> AND the <key>DarkWake</key> directives sleep/wake worked. This of course stops automatic boot from the root partition. So further experiments showed me that setting the Timeout <string>6</string> value made automatic boot and sleep/wake work again.

Thus my file looks like this:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Chamatic</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>6</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And after 2+ months of heartache I have sleep/wake finally working again.

Since my machine didn't go to SLEEP correctly, I'm not sure what affect the Timeout key is really having. As I said in an earlier post in safe boot mode, -x, sleep / wake works fine with Timeout=2. Of course safe mode is a slow boot.

And by the way just remove DarkWake as in Mavericks the default is just fine.

Yahoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back