Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 670
so i had a 4870, and sleep didnt work. no problem, i thought. its just the card.

little while later i buy a 5770, which should work with sleep. it doesnt.
computer goes to sleep, but it cant wake up. have to force shutdown by holding the power button.
on turning it back on, the bios post message says cmos reset bla bla bla f1 to change settings, f2 to continue.

i know the board works with sleep, as ive built another system with the same board (basic gfx though), the 5770 should work with sleep, and i havent had the cmos problem on the 4870 when i had SL.

thats making me think its something to do with lion?

anyone else have/had a similar thing?

[Solved] leep in Lion- screen doesn't wake, and cmos reset

ok problem fixed.

seems like the problem is in lion, as it works fine in sl.

to fix it, i ran

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

edit- cmos problem is fixed, and i had sleep working once :banghead: but now its the same old. hit sleep, screen wont come on.

Still have a back-up of snow? Try copying the AppleRTC kext from snow to S/L/E in Lion - repair permissions and reboot with -f flag.

have access to a SL system, so will try and copy that kext and see what happens.

this has really put my view of lion down tbh.
ive been reading posts on apple forums where people with macbooks/imacs etc using lion have been having similar problems.

Sleep/Wake-up works in Lion both both manual and scheduled sleep/wake-up as on a Mac on my GA-P55M based systems. BT KB/mouse/Trackpad can keep sleep/wake-up from occurring unless you have the Apple BT module mod.

Take a look at the MultiBeast Configuration Screen Snapshot thread to see if there is an Asus mobo like yours posted (see my sig blk for link). I also assume you're using a DSDT from the DSDT database.

the system is setup fine, using a dsdt (have tried one from the database, as well as one made using the editor and patch

your comment on BT reminds me i do have a cheapo BT dongle attached, will try later on with that pulled out, cheers for reminding me about that.
on Windows atm watching the MJ doctor trial

samisnake said:
anyone else have/had a similar thing?

Yes, I am.

Sleep/wake always resets the BIOS settings.

After wake, my system is in an odd state. Unplugging and replugging the USB keyboard gets it "working" again. But after that there are issues after doing that, e.g. repeated "FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!" messages in kernel log.

Going Bald said:
Still have a back-up of snow? Try copying the AppleRTC kext from snow to S/L/E in Lion - repair permissions and reboot with -f flag.

I tried replacing the Lion /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext with one from a 10.6.3 Install DVD (with repair permissions and -f) and it did not help. My customac's pathology, which is very similar to OP's, is entirely unchanged.

Same problem here using a 4870, p35-ds3l and q6600. Anyone ever find a fix?

Edit: OK, I got it working by entering what was posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40368 into the terminal.. But now only one monitor comes on, the secondary monitor is blank. Hmm..

Fixed it!! Added this to my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (com.apple.Boot.plist on older Chameleon versions):

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>

Monitor sleep and full sleep now work perfectly! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back