CPU
i3 530
Graphics
GT 330
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hey,

I have an apparent simple problem:
If i start the Snow Leopard CD with the ATI Boot CD, the CD loads an everthings seems to be fine. But when I should choose my language, I move my mouse to select, and...Nothing.
Snow Leopard does not detect my mouse or my keyboard. I allready tried other USB mice oder keyboards but the same happens.

Can you help me?
Thanks in advance,

TheWiso

USB probably isnt compatible with your motherboard. That was the case with my old machine. You need a PS/2 mouse and Keyboard, and with some luck you can use the USB KB after SL is installed.

can u still move the mouse? just follow what it says when it asks u yo press the keys on the keyboard

Thanks for the answers!
@ cpukid: I allready tried this only with my keyboard...but the CD loads deathless.
And I don't think that USB isn't compatible to my Motherboard, because when windows was installed, USB works fine!
Mh..I think I should try this with -v and post the last lines here!

@ DayDays media: I tried this too, but SL couldn't find any USB port.

UPDATE:
If I connect a PS/2 keyboard to my machine, the loading-text stops here:
BSD root:
disk 1s3, major 14, minor 5

Hope that helps

hm, go to your bios and enable usb keyboard and mouse, see if that works

Oh, the options are allready enabled.

Nobody can help?

UPDATE:

I found the solution :clap:
I put the mouse and keyboard to the first USB-Ports and try -x and it's working :cool:
I could install SL succesfully.
BUT: It's not over.. :banghead:
When I start SL with the iBoot-CD without start-parameters, the mouse and keyboard are not working, but e.g. my USB-Stick is detected and shown on the desktop (in this case, SL automatically logs in my user).
But if I start SL with -x, my keyboard and mouse are detected but my USB-Stick not! And in this case I have to log in my user on my own..
I hope you can help me..PLEASE :(

On one of my machines I seem to remember something similar.
The work around was ' pciroot=1 pciuidroot=1 '
In the boot.plist I think.
I have no idea if it's really the fix you need but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back