OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-240G Agility 3 240GB SATAIII 2.5 inch SSD

Pioneer BDR-207D Blu-Ray SATA

NVIDIA GeForce Quadro 4000 1GB

Onboard 7.1 Audio

802.11N 150Mbps MIMO PCI-E card

Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black case
Corsair H100 Water Cooler
700W Xigmatek Modular PSU

First off I removed all but one of the RAM chips. I know ideally I should fire it up with no more than 4GB of RAM but as I only have 8GB modules I left 8 in. If this is likely to be the cause of my problems do let me know.

I also removed the PCI-E Wi-Fi card.

I run the 3010 BIOS which may not have a DSDT page file yet, but from what I can gather that shouldn't stop me from starting up the OS in the first place?

I set the SATA mode in the BIOS to AHCI (in fact it was already set to this when I bought the PC) and the priority boot to the optical drive.

I bought a retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installation disc and booted it with iBoot. After a number of tries and different boot commands (cannot remember off the top of my head which I ended up using) I got into the Snow Leopard installation. HOWEVER, my mouse was hanging something awful and it was practically impossible to use it during the installation. I used the keyboard only, which also lagged.

On the first installation it failed halfway, but the second time it got to the end. However, when I now try to run the installation (via iBoot) I only get to the Apple loading screen and the spinning circle loading icon progresses one notch about every five seconds. I only realised today I'd been using my SSD with a 6Gig SATA port on my motherboard so I changed it to a 3Gig. This doesn't seem to hve made much of a difference though.

Whn booting with "-v" I get this:

20121107_142039_HDR.jpg

Anyone got any ideas what I might have done wrong or what steps might be taken to fix it?

before 10.6.8 i am not sure if i-Cpus are recognized
10.6.3 is too old for your specs

Aw, crap. So I guess that was those £50-something out the windows then? Balls.

I don't suppose there's any way to get around it that you knwo of other that getting a new installation disc?

Or is there anything else at all you can think of that might be the problem (or a problem)?

Specs:

Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7 3930K
64GB Corsair 1866mhz Vengeance (8x8GB)

OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-240G Agility 3 240GB SATAIII 2.5 inch SSD

Pioneer BDR-207D Blu-Ray SATA

NVIDIA GeForce Quadro 4000 1GB

Onboard 7.1 Audio

802.11N 150Mbps MIMO PCI-E card

Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black case
Corsair H100 Water Cooler
700W Xigmatek Modular PSU

First off I removed all but one of the RAM chips. I know ideally I should fire it up with no more than 4GB of RAM but as I only have 8GB modules I left 8 in. If this is likely to be the cause of my problems do let me know.

I also removed the PCI-E Wi-Fi card.

I run the 3010 BIOS which may not have a DSDT page file yet, but from what I can gather that shouldn't stop me from starting up the OS in the first place?

I set the SATA mode in the BIOS to AHCI (in fact it was already set to this when I bought the PC) and the priority boot to the optical drive.

I bought a retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installation disc and booted it with iBoot. After a number of tries and different boot commands (cannot remember off the top of my head which I ended up using) I got into the Snow Leopard installation. HOWEVER, my mouse was hanging something awful and it was practically impossible to use it during the installation. I used the keyboard only, which also lagged.

On the first installation it failed halfway, but the second time it got to the end. However, when I now try to run the installation (via iBoot) I only get to the Apple loading screen and the spinning circle loading icon progresses one notch about every five seconds. I only realised today I'd been using my SSD with a 6Gig SATA port on my motherboard so I changed it to a 3Gig. This doesn't seem to hve made much of a difference though.

Whn booting with "-v" I get this:

View attachment 37379

Anyone got any ideas what I might have done wrong or what steps might be taken to fix it?

See this link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

We have a new CD for IvyBridge CPUs - available in downloads.
As to the amount of ram - the concessions is that iBoot has a limit of 4k already so you dont have to worry//

enjoy

Right, I think I'm pretty much where I was before. It did get into the installation bit a lot easier this time, though. However when I started again and tried to boot the OS the icon slowly spun for a while before going back to iBoot Ivy Bridge. On trying to start the OS again it froze on the Apple icon.

Any ideas?

Edit: On second attempt the icon spun a bit faster, but then slowed down, and half an hour later nothing has happened.

Hmpf.

PCIRootUID=0 -v

Am I right in thinking there is something not right with my drive or installation?

20121108_233511_HDR.jpg

PCIRootUID=0 -v -f

20121108_234528_HDR.jpg

PCIRootUID=0 -v

Am I right in thinking there is something not right with my drive or installation?

What is looks to me like is that it doesn't like your gfx card. Do you have an old 8800gs or 9500/9800 GT you could install with then swap back after you install the latest nVidia drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back