Graphics
MSI N560 GTXTi 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone please verify that this should work with my setup and is better than what i've got? I'm running 10.6.8 and the rest of my rig is in the sig.

From the Graphics Card Database:
ENGTX 480 1536MB GDDR5 Yes Both DVI tested OK / HDMI not tested / OS X 10.6.5+ with tonymacx86 nVidia Update / OS X 10.7 as in / GraphicsEnabler=Yes

What i might buy:
http://www.electronics-outlets.com/...X480{47}2DI{47}1536MD5-%2d%2d-0O003SBFXDB01

Basically, I want to run Skryim with high-ultra settings on my win7 partition... i didn't splurge on a graphics card during the initial building process, cus i don't typically play pc games. I am curious why this site has it for half the price, though... Any help would be appreciated :)

Someone also recommended the 560Ti, which is listend as compatible on the graphic card database... but for my own piece of mind, i'd like to hear from someone actually using it on a hakintosh 10.6.8....

Re: ENGTX 480 graphics card

I currently run a GTX 480 (I have 2 and both work Gainward rev1.1 and Inno3d pure ref) and a GTX 285 in my rig, the 480 is nice, everything works after Patching the Nvidia binary. The only problems I have left to fix on this are the GPU power tables as the card runs a bit hot in idle at the moment, but just need the time to do it.

StingRay said:
I currently run a GTX 480 (I have 2 and both work Gainward rev1.1 and Inno3d pure ref) and a GTX 285 in my rig, the 480 is nice, everything works after Patching the Nvidia binary. The only problems I have left to fix on this are the GPU power tables as the card runs a bit hot in idle at the moment, but just need the time to do it.

Thanks! As far as patching the binary, what exactly does that entail? I'd like to updgrade the card with as little software tinkering as possible since i'm pretty amateur with that stuff.

aFlockOfMoosen said:
StingRay said:

Thanks! As far as patching the binary, what exactly does that entail? I'd like to updgrade the card with as little software tinkering as possible since i'm pretty amateur with that stuff.

well it just means changing a few hex codes, nothing to bad. The real problem till I get time to fix is the GPU power management tables, currently the card runs 100% all the time, so tis kinda toasty inside my case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back