Graphics
XFX ATI 5770 ZNFC -flashed.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've been fiddling with dictation in Mountain Lion and whenever I enable it and speak text, a folder bounces up and down on the doc. It is labeled AssistantServices.framework and in "force quit applications" it is labeled as Siri. It freezes overtime and stops bouncing on the dock and disappears when I force quit it. Dictation is working flawlessly, even when "siri" is not responding, but it annoying to have a bouncing dock Icon every time you decide to dictate. Anyways, my question is what does Siri on ML mean? Google couldn't help me much. How do I fix this?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27397&stc=1&d=1344622212

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-10 at 2.05.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-10 at 2.05.00 PM.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 507
So I've been fiddling with dictation in Mountain Lion and whenever I enable it and speak text, a folder bounces up and down on the doc. It is labeled AssistantServices.framework and in "force quit applications" it is labeled as Siri. It freezes overtime and stops bouncing on the dock and disappears when I force quit it. Dictation is working flawlessly, even when "siri" is not responding, but it annoying to have a bouncing dock Icon every time you decide to dictate. Anyways, my question is what does Siri on ML mean? Google couldn't help me much. How do I fix this?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27397&stc=1&d=1344622212
Dictation stops after about 1 paragraph, so this may be an 'undocumented feature'. Appears that the developers for iphone's ios and os x shared a few beers.

I just dictated back to Mountain Lion what you wrote in the first post and it all worked fine.

In fact, I am dictating this right now.

What hardware do you have, maybe that is affecting something?

I haven't dictated longer than 10 seconds. No paragraph dictation here. Even the simplest dictation of :"my name is Tom" produces that error. I am on a P55-USB gigabyte board with an i7 2.98 (before sandy bridge processor) 8GB ram, ATI 5770 custom Mac ROM, using a plug in analogue mic. 10.8 OS version. Anything I am missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back