Contribute
Register

silverstone aluminum SG06S-LITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't the one i indicated a closed loop water cooler?
what liquid cooler(s) do you recommend? .. that will fit inside this case?
my understanding of water coolers like the h100 is they need two 120 openings side-by-side.
not sure the ft03 has this configuration.

re: ft03 models. got it. thanx.

It seems I may have misspoken regarding the cooler. My FT03 mini can use a liquid cooler so I figured the full-sized one could, too. However, it looks like the full-sized FT03 has the PSU right where the liquid cooler would mount. However, I'm seeing lots of people mounting air coolers online. Most motherboads are mounted vertically, anyways, so I don't suppose it matters.

i'm looking thru: http://www.overclock.net/t/1174563/silverstone-ft03-ft03-mini-owners-club
seems a lot of people use this case. there are some insane builds, too.
not sure why some of these guys even *buy* a case: they can build anything.

anyways, it looks like there is enough room on the top of the case to put a 120 wc radiator.
self-contained wc cpu cooler should fit in just fine.
and there are some guys replacing the fan under the psu for larger radiators.

anyways, looks like this case could do the trick.

i have a stoopid question: this heat sink thingy. whether it's water or air cooled.
it seems the cpu 'contact plate' is held in place by some kind of 'harness' that's
screwed into the motherboard at the corners. is this correct?

i have a stoopid question: this heat sink thingy. whether it's water or air cooled.
it seems the cpu 'contact plate' is held in place by some kind of 'harness' that's
screwed into the motherboard at the corners. is this correct?

Most aftermarket coolers of a decent size have a sort of plate that mounts on the backside of the motherboard. The cooler then mounts through the motherboard onto the back plate. It sort of sandwiches the processor.

ok. so i did a little research based on your input. makes a lot more sense.
i'm now trying to decide between water and air cooling.
i appreciate your input. i'm getting close to deciding on components for a build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back