Contribute
Register

Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 & Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

Blokie said:
eelhead said:
Guys make sure that when your adding the Ethernet (en0) back in that it's not getting added back in as Ethernet Device (en0). Even the name being different will mess up the authentication.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean just changing the name / description of the adaptor when you add it after the restart? If so, for the first install I left the name as default "Ethernet Device (en0)", but I changed it to simply "LAN" for the 2nd and 3rd tries, and same result.
I'm still digging lol. I will have to do more research later this evening, would really like to know why it doesn't work for some.

Blokie said:
eelhead said:
Guys make sure that when your adding the Ethernet (en0) back in that it's not getting added back in as Ethernet Device (en0). Even the name being different will mess up the authentication.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean just changing the name / description of the adaptor when you add it after the restart? If so, for the first install I left the name as default "Ethernet Device (en0)", but I changed it to simply "LAN" for the 2nd and 3rd tries, and same result.
No keep it "Ethernet" not "Ethernet Device" and not LAN, I don't think it would know what lan is.

eelhead said:
Blokie said:
eelhead said:

No keep it "Ethernet" not "Ethernet Device" and not LAN, I don't think it would know what lan is.

Just tried it with Ethernet (en0) and same result :(

For some strange reason i dont have an extra folder or the damn thing isnt showing.
Also i have read about changing name etc of card

802.11n WLAN Adapter:

Type: Ethernet
Hardware: Ethernet
BSD Device Name: en0
IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.1.68
IPv4:Addresses: 192.168.1.68
Configuration Method: DHCP
Interface Name: en0

Disabled the the onboard mobo card as it doesnt work
This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.

Deleted the plist files as stated. removed the device from list. restarted added all back in still get same problem.

Also checked hard drive.

Disk Description :SAMSUNG HD103SJ Media
Total Capacity : 1 TB (1,000,204,886,016 Bytes)
Connection Bus : SATA Write Status : Read/Write
Connection Type : Internal
S.M.A.R.T. Status : Verified
Partition Map Scheme : GUID Partition Table

Yet still cant get app store logged in

eelhead said:
Thanks for the reply, tried and still not working...

Now, I delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist, ensure it is gone and had deleted the network connection before doing this.

Now, when I reboot, it appears exactly as before.(Hope this is correct)

Looking in the file, mine is shown as "Ethernet Adaptor (en0)"

When I add a new network it displays the same name, so should be correct?

I did change the network name to be "Ethernet (en0)" when setting it up but still no change in app store, still GUID error.

Soon it will be back to 10.6.7

I was running into the same problem, and neither removing the NetworkInterfaces.plist nor adding EthernetBuiltIn to com.apple.Boot.plist could fix it.

I finally suspected it had something to do with me using a wireless N usb card set to en0, since I didn't have the driver for my onboard NIC installed (Realtek 8111E). To try to force the wireless N card to en1 (just changing en0 to en1 in the NetworkInterfaces.plist file doesn't work as it resets to en0 on reboot), I tried to first install the Lnx2Mac driver in MultiBeast, but apparently that doesn't support the newer 8111E NIC on my board (GA Z68MA-D2H-B3). So I removed the Lnx2Mac driver and tried the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 driver in MultiBeast, and that did the trick (recognized on reboot).

I then did the remove NetworkInterfaces.plist/remove devices from Network System Preferences step and re-added them, first adding the onboard NIC, then the wireless N usb card. This forced the onboard NIC to en0 and the wireless to en1, and now the App Store works again. I don't know if the onboard NIC actually works with this driver or not, but since I don't use it it doesn't really matter to me.

Hope this helps.

amagus said:
I finally suspected it had something to do with me using a wireless N usb card set to en0, since I didn't have the driver for my onboard NIC installed (Realtek 8111E). To try to force the wireless N card to en1 (just changing en0 to en1 in the NetworkInterfaces.plist file doesn't work as it resets to en0 on reboot), I tried to first install the Lnx2Mac driver in MultiBeast, but apparently that doesn't support the newer 8111E NIC on my board (GA Z68MA-D2H-B3). So I removed the Lnx2Mac driver and tried the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 driver in MultiBeast, and that did the trick (recognized on reboot).
Unfortunately for me, I am not using wireless a, just the one wired gigabit connection!

It is shown as (en0)

Seems like a lot of Mac owners are having troubles with this and are waiting for apple to fix the bug. So I hope this is the case and it will be fixed.

Also saying that the removal of the NetworkInterfaces.plist file is not working in 10.6.8

Still waiting!

None of the above mentioned fixes worked for me, but the following did:

I added the following to my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then I removed the NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted.
Now the App Store is working again.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Jackb01 said:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Hallelujah (and thanks a lot)!! This worked for me too, after everything else had failed miserably!!

I noticed when I re-added my Ethernet that it didn't have the (en0) anywhere in sight, so I assume this is why it is now working, and the way to get the (en0) to disappear is to use the PCIRootUID value above.

Jackb01 said:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Thanks for adding that Jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back