Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I successfully upgraded to 10.12.3 the other day and didn't have any issues that I could tell. Prior to that, the system was relatively stable with the exception of system crashes with some plugins when using Safari and periodic restarts when in sleep mode.

So I go to boot up yesterday after work, login screen comes up as normal...but after logging in the system restarts after 10 seconds (and has been pretty much exactly 10 seconds after every login). I can log in as a guest user and no issues and even created a new Admin profile and have no issues with logging in with that either.

Any ideas why my initial profile is potentially corrupted and anyone know of a way around it? I've been contemplating just doing a clean install of everything and to try to fix the sleep reboot issue I've been having but just haven't had a free weekend to spend going through the process.

Intel i-7 4790k
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
Samsung 850 EVO

Thanks in advance!

What Graphics card, iGPU or Dedicated Graphics Card?

Just using the onboard motherboard graphics, no gpu.

It's tough b/c it reboots so quickly after logging in I can't get any type of error logs.

Is it the photos app crash?

I have had this problem and had to remove my photo library.

I've got the exact same problem with my sierra installation.
I've reinstalled it but nothing really changes.
i think it's the same problem here : https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/5uuozk/system_rebooting_after_login/

Does someone knows how to fix it ?

sorry for my bad english i'm french

I have had this issue before, update your kexts and see if that fixes anything.

Mine would do this because of a change in clover, though I didn't try a new profile and have guest disabled.

Sometimes it would happen from changing the smbios settings or having c6 enabled, should check your clover config over as well.

I don't know much about users on Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back