Contribute
Register

Sierra on an Asus ROG G751JY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, deleted the contents of ACPI/Orig folder to make the file smaller. Here is a zip of the backup I made.

Were these files captured (with F4 at Clover) today?

No, they are the backup of the ones I used to put in ACPI/Patched.
Would booting with the install USB and hitting F4 do it or should I remove the files from ACPI/Patched and recapture with F4?

No, they are the backup of the ones I used to put in ACPI/Patched.
Would booting with the install USB and hitting F4 do it or should I remove the files from ACPI/Patched and recapture with F4?

You can collect files to your EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin by pressing F4 in Clover no matter where you're booting from (HDD/SSD/USB/etc).

No need to remove any files. In fact, it would defeat the purpose of you providing files which represent your configuration.

If I'm to analyze your ACPI/patched, I must be able to compare them to native ACPI files, hence the request for a current extract. An extraction you did months ago may be invalidated by BIOS changes, BIOS updates, or hardware changes (note: this also makes your ACPI/patched content out-of-sync with native).

OK, leave everything in place, reboot and F4 at clover. Attached zip of files in Clover/ACPI/Orig

Attachments

• G751JY-ACPI-Orig.zip
    49.3 KB · Views: 88
OK, leave everything in place, reboot and F4 at clover. Attached zip of files in Clover/ACPI/Orig

Your ACPI setup is not correct. With patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, you must use DropOem=true, and you must use SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order. You have DropOem=false, and no SortedOrder (SSDTs may load in unpredictable/wrong order).

Started over from scratch with Sierra 10.12.2
Installed Sierra with no problems, installed Clover to SSD, reboot, extracted new set of ACPI/Origin with Clover F4
Installed VoodooPS2 kext and Daemon files per guide
Download and install nVidia web driver for the GTX980M
Download/install patchmatic and MacIASL
Followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
disassemble files with refs.txt
patched the only one of the SSDTs that would not compile, copied the compiled SSDT to Clover/ACPI/Patched along with the other original SSDT.aml files
patched the DSDT with the common patches, USB patch for 7 series/8 series, working battery status and audio
edited the config.plist to include SortedOrder and SSDT->DropOEM, changed iMac14,2 system def to MacBookPro11,5
Followed guide for power management to get SSDT.

Question: Should the SSDT-3x, SSDT-4x, SSDT-5x be included in ACPI/Patched with the other SSDTs?

Still having problems with no sleep/wake - begins the process of sleep, screen blacks, disk access light blinks a few times and it reboots with the same error message about encountering an error.

Attachments

• G751JY.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 114
Started over from scratch with Sierra 10.12.2
Installed Sierra with no problems, installed Clover to SSD, reboot, extracted new set of ACPI/Origin with Clover F4
Installed VoodooPS2 kext and Daemon files per guide
Download and install nVidia web driver for the GTX980M
Download/install patchmatic and MacIASL
Followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
disassemble files with refs.txt
patched the only one of the SSDTs that would not compile, copied the compiled SSDT to Clover/ACPI/Patched along with the other original SSDT.aml files
patched the DSDT with the common patches, USB patch for 7 series/8 series, working battery status and audio
edited the config.plist to include SortedOrder and SSDT->DropOEM, changed iMac14,2 system def to MacBookPro11,5
Followed guide for power management to get SSDT.

Question: Should the SSDT-3x, SSDT-4x, SSDT-5x be included in ACPI/Patched with the other SSDTs?

Still having problems with no sleep/wake - begins the process of sleep, screen blacks, disk access light blinks a few times and it reboots with the same error message about encountering an error.

AppleALC.kext may be causing a problem. Use traditional patched AppleHDA or AppleHDA injector instead.
No need for FakeSMC sensors... remove.
Did you disable hibernation? (hibernatemode 0)
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is probably not a good idea (try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi)
Remove unneeded *.efi from drviers64UEFI.
Evidence in ioreg that you're using the port limit patch. It is not for long term use. Create custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext and remote port limit patch.
I don't know of MacBookPro11,5 is a good idea.
Your problem may also be Nvidia specific. No experience with it.
Since you're not really applying any patches to the SSDTs, you can eliminate them from ACPI/patched and use DropOem=false (only DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched).
I wonder why the IntelMEIDriver is not loading? (system logs provide any clue?)

Your question regarding the SSDT- 'x' files is answered in my ACPI patching guide.

DSDT with USB3 _PRW 0x0D patch sleep is working
This.

Also for working brightness control use the uploaded file. Drag the script in terminal and follow the instructions, then add the patch from the .txt to your DSDT.

Attachments

• 980M Backlight Register.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
@brutanohansen23 & action294

Thanks for the info and patch for DSDT. This project is on the back burner while I do some much needed patchwork at the old family place and try to chase the squirrels out of the house. I think I am just going to put out some of the largest rat snap traps I can find instead of trying to live trap them. Not as if I like the little buggers, anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back