Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

First, I apologize if I did not follow formal guidelines on posting a question/issue/problem. I am very new to posting on this forum, and I do not have the hang of it yet.

Second, I may be technically over my head on trouble-shooting these issues, as the Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem, does not mean much to me. The ACPI problem seems like it could be anything in the ACPI script, and I don't know why it would be an issue. And the IOReg/HDEF means nothing to me. I disabled and enabled the built-in audio in the BIOS, neither worked.

Anyway, I don't expect a response to this message, as it is likely that a solution has already been posted, I am just too ignorant to realize it (no sarcasm.) I am just having a hell of a time figuring out Post #1 and how to interpret it. I will try to power through.

Sincerely,
GundamPoker

I don't think I quite understand the nature of my issue. I have Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2 with an ALC887.
On running the script, I get "Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem".

I guess my first, general question is whether a solution to get my sound working is out there or not (yet)...

Alc887 audio works fine in 10.12, but after a few seconds if there is no audio playback, it is as if it were disconnected, it is heard in the speakers as before starting the operating system. After playing any sound returns to normal, To reproduce .... a few seconds later the same cycle ...help me please ...

in 10.11 ok
in 10.10 ok

Last edited:
See Post #1, No audio . . . Post to linked thread.

Thanks for your time. I remember that changing the definition to MacPro 5.1 does not happen, it works fine. But I will continue trying with iMac14.2 which is the one I believe closest to my configuration.

I thought it was some energy saving topic......

Last edited:
Back