Graphics
XFX HD4850 512mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm updating to El Capitan from Mavericks and so far my biggest challenge has been Clover. I used to use a custom DSDT and everything worked flawlessly, but if I understand correctly Clover don't need a DSDT.

I manage to put everything working ok except from Sleep/Awake and a strange shutdown issue.

Sleep/Awake issue: The computer sleeps normally, but after it awakes the graphics never come back. I can see that the computer is operational and it's only a issue regarding the graphics. Tried darkwake=1 but with no luck.

Shutdown Issue: This one is somehow very strange. If I boot up the computer and immediately shut it down, it will shutdown properly if I use it for 2 minutes or more it will go all the way in the shutdown process, it will even turn off the HDs but the computer will not shutdown, keeping the coolers on and a black screen.

My setup is the following (different from the pc in my profile):

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L (F9 Bios Revision)
Core 2 Quad Q8300
4gb DDR2 800 RAM
ATI 5750 1024gb Video Card
Bluetooth Dongle (it has native support in OS X)

Thanks for the help!

Best regards!

Hi, I'm updating to El Capitan from Mavericks and so far my biggest challenge has been Clover. I used to use a custom DSDT and everything worked flawlessly, but if I understand correctly Clover don't need a DSDT.

I manage to put everything working ok except from Sleep/Awake and a strange shutdown issue.

Sleep/Awake issue: The computer sleeps normally, but after it awakes the graphics never come back. I can see that the computer is operational and it's only a issue regarding the graphics. Tried darkwake=1 but with no luck.

Shutdown Issue: This one is somehow very strange. If I boot up the computer and immediately shut it down, it will shutdown properly if I use it for 2 minutes or more it will go all the way in the shutdown process, it will even turn off the HDs but the computer will not shutdown, keeping the coolers on and a black screen.

My setup is the following (different from the pc in my profile):

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L (F9 Bios Revision)
Core 2 Quad Q8300
4gb DDR2 800 RAM
ATI 5750 1024gb Video Card
Bluetooth Dongle (it has native support in OS X)

Thanks for the help!

Best regards!

Post your /EFI/CLOVER folder.

Post your /EFI/CLOVER folder.

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. I managed to make shutdown work, but using the DSDT I had for Mavericks. Only patch being applied by Clover now is HDEFix. The sleep issue I discovered that if I use the InjectATI flag it happens, but if not, the computer comes back from sleep normally.

Just as information, for graphics I just edit ATI5000 and ATI3000Controller kexts and add my ID to make it work properly. The difference when using Inject ATI is that the OSx recognizes the exact model of the card (5750) and when not it shows up as 5000 Family Graphics Card.

Do you still need my Clover folder? Do you think it's better to drop the dsdt and try to make it work only with Clover? I tried to use fakeid in clover to drop the need of editing the GFX kexts, but couldn't make it work.

Thanks.

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. I managed to make shutdown work, but using the DSDT I had for Mavericks. Only patch being applied by Clover now is HDEFix. The sleep issue I discovered that if I use the InjectATI flag it happens, but if not, the computer comes back from sleep normally.

Just as information, for graphics I just edit ATI5000 and ATI3000Controller kexts and add my ID to make it works. The difference when using Inject ATI is that the OSx recognizes the exact model of the card (5750) and when not it shows up as 5000 Family Graphics Card.

Do you still need my Clover folder? Do you think it's better to drop the dsdt and try to make it work only with Clover? I tried to use fakeid in clover to drop the need of editing the GFX kexts, but couldn't make it work.

Thanks.

Sleep is broken with ATI Cards when injecting. But doesn't affect Shutdown or Reboot if you're having problems with Shutdown & Restart then its most likely a USB issue will most likely need to fix it with patching a DSDT. To test Shutdown and Restart you can patch it with Clover. For ATI 5450 you can follow my guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-enabling-ati-radeon-hd-5450.180817/#post1164846

https://github.com/VoiletDragon/ATI-Radeon-5450-DSDT-Injection

Sleep is broken with ATI Cards when injecting. But doesn't affect Shutdown or Reboot if you're having problems with Shutdown & Restart then its most likely a USB issue will most likely need to fix it with patching a DSDT. To test Shutdown and Restart you can patch it with Clover.

USB Fix was being applied by clover, but the shutdown issue was still there. Now with the edit DSDT I used to use with Mavericks the shutdown is working fine. But I think that the whole point of using clover is to not need a DSDT.

About the Inject ATI affecting the sleep, that's what I found out by testing it. I don't mind not to have my exact gfx card model being shown in the system profile, so I dropped using the Inject ATI and this solved the problem.

About the Fake ID, I tried to use it to drop the need of editing kexts to make the display to work, but with no sucess. If I understood correctly how to use it, I just need to find a ID to emulated that is natively in the GFX kexts and put it in the fake ID for ATI, right? Inject ATI must be flagged as yes for Fake ID to work? If so that is the problem.

Thanks again!

USB Fix was being applied by clover, but the shutdown issue was still there. Now with the edit DSDT I used to use with Mavericks the shutdown is working fine. But I think that the whole point of using clover is to not need a DSDT.

About the Inject ATI affecting the sleep, that's what I found out by testing it. I don't mind not to have my exact gfx card model being shown in the system profile, so I dropped using the Inject ATI and this solved the problem.

About the Fake ID, I tried to use it to drop the need of editing kexts to make the display to work, but with no sucess. If I understood correctly how to use it, I just need to find a ID to emulated that is natively in the GFX kexts and put it in the fake ID for ATI, right? Inject ATI must be flagged as yes for Fake ID to work? If so that is the problem.

Thanks again!

That is just a myth. Of course you need a DSDT with Clover or you could use a set of SSDTs with Clover Hotpatch. You will be better with a DSDT. ATI injection in DSDT is mentioned in the guide I've linked. You will most likely need a shutdown fix which is common on older boards such as a G41MT-S2PT which I've got. ATY DSDT injection injects the FakeID just like Clovers Fake ID injection.

That is just a myth. Of course you need a DSDT with Clover or you could use a set of SSDTs with Clover Hotpatch. You will be better with a DSDT. ATI injection in DSDT is mentioned in the guide I've linked. You will most likely need a shutdown fix which is common on older boards such as a G41MT-S2PT which I've got. ATY DSDT injection injects the FakeID just like Clovers Fake ID injection.

Thanks! The shutdown issue won't happen if I use my DSDT (which is already patched for it), so this problem is solved! About the Fake ID Inject using DSDT I will give it a try as this will solve an issue I have when I update the the OS via app store. I mean it works great, but usually replace the graphics kexts, so I have to edit the kexts again. Injecting the fake id in the dsdt will solve this problem.

A newbie question: using MaciASL I'm able do edit the .aml file and all changes I did in it worked ok. I see some guys in the forums saying that you always have to decompile it to a dsl file make the changes and then recompile it to the .aml. Is it really necessary? As said before, all edits I did in my dsdt I just opened the file in maciASL editor, made the changes, saved and then replaced the original one and it worked great.
The only problem is that just by following the image in the link you've posted above I don't know how to edit the DSDT. I already know a fake ID I should use (my framebuffer is Juniper), but don't really understand how to put it in the dsdt (if I'm understanding correctly I should use a hex calculator, right?).

Thanks again! You really helped me!

Last edited:
Thanks! The shutdown issue won't happen if I use my DSDT (which is already patched for it), so this problem is solved! About the Fake ID Inject using DSDT I will give it a try as this will solve an issue I have when I update the the OS via app store. I mean it works great, but usually replace the graphics kexts, so I have to edit the kexts again. Injecting the fake id in the dsdt will solve this problem.

A newbie question: using MaciASL I'm able do edit the .aml file and all changes I did in it worked ok. I see some guys in the forums saying that you always have to decompile it to a dsl file make the changes and then recompile it to the .aml. Is it really necessary? As said before, all edits I did in my dsdt I just opened the file in maciASL editor, made the changes, saved and then replaced the original one and it worked great.
The only problem is that just by following the image in the link you've posted above I don't know how to edit the DSDT. I already know a fake ID I should use (my framebuffer is Juniper), but don't really understand how to put it in the dsdt (if I'm understanding correctly I should use a hex calculator, right?).

Thanks again! You really helped me!

Make sure your using the correct DSDT for you're BIOS.

Make sure your using the correct DSDT for you're BIOS.
I'm using the correct DSDT! I extracted it using ubunto and made the edits my self to the file about 2 years ago! I just need a more detailed instruction of how to edit the gfx part to inject my id on it!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back