Contribute
Register

Should I wait for Haswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in my opinion waiting is indeed recommended. actually it is even crutial. We all should not underestimate haswell's new features. And yes, I know it sounds pathetic but power saving (which is up to 50% (!!)) is important for desktops just as for laptops. even more important than performance and stability IMO (especially at the status that our planet is in).

As for compatibility of it I think it is over exaggerating to determine it will take a year. Are you guys not aware of the upcoming WWDC 2013? It is so obvious that as well as to the iphone 5s they will announce a new mid-2013 iMac and other macs which will for sure include the new processors. new iOS and OS will as well probabely be announced.

From that to creating an hackintosh machine for haswell is a piece of cake..

Bottom line is that considering IvyBridge age is over waiting 1-6 months is indeed worth it :)

I agree with most opinions on this thread. I myself am waiting for Haswell, I have used CoreDuo, Sandy and Ivy Bridge. This year so far I have been considering a replacement for my CoreDuo build. It stills works well for light duties. I need to move my computers down a level and put this to rest hence the new build and take advantage of the low power consumption of the Haswell.

I like the challenge of getting these machines running and having functional computers at the moment doesn't make me rush into getting one immediately. It wouldn't bother me to have it built running windows until the support for Haswell arrives, but in the meantime the challenge is fun, rewarding getting a hack up and running.

Yeah, I got myself an i5-3570K! :)

Good for you. There are some excellent points in the posts above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back