Graphics
MSI N560 GTXTi 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system seems to be working fine aside from auto-sleep and my Airport card. I'm just wondering if I should modify my own DSDT. I just got DSDTSE and downloaded the .aml for my BIOS. If you encourage me to create my own, then i have another question -- how on earth do you know what to do with all that code?! I only glanced briefly at the .aml, but it's all gibberish to me.

karacho said:
Please don't create Multiple threads. You've already one thread created. If you system is working now, so please would you mind marking the other thread title as [SOLVED]?

TIA karacho

But it's not solved... my backup HDD still doesn't boot o_O
Is this not a separate topic?

But in your 1st posting here you wrote "My system seems to be working fine aside from auto-sleep and my Airport card". I think you should solve one after another issue and not working on 3 construction sites at the same time. You know what i mean? It's easier to solve 1st one issue, and then the other...otherwise we lost the overview and we don't know if one solution have possible sideeffects on other issues you currently have

karacho said:
But in your 1st posting here you wrote "My system seems to be working fine aside from auto-sleep and my Airport card"

Right -- but i'm asking if it's recommended to use your own DSDT and how to comprehend the .aml file. Why would anyone bother if there wasn't an advantage to it when you could just make a couple changes in the BIOS to get your system running?

karacho said:
Read my edited post above please

ohhh i see what you're saying. Yes, that makes sense. This is just research for a future endeavor, i have not started doing anything with the DSDT. getting my backup drive bootable is priority, so this topic can wait i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back