Contribute
Register

Selecting the right motherboard and RAMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
windows 8 || Z87x- UD4H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I'm going to be building me a desktop ( i7 4770k processor ) which I want to be able to install OS X on!
The problem here is I think that the gigabyte z87-UD5H seems good enough but they're not selling it in my country. What's available though is the UD4H which I haven't seen anyone saying that it's good. Ive seen it in one of the tables on this website but it wasn't in the buying guides. I don't get what's wrong with it? It's the same as the UD5H but with less ethernet and an HDMI.

Do you think i can get away with the UD4H or not?
Or do I have to import the UD5H which would be a bit costly?

Also, I didn't see the kingston hyperX RAMs Beast that run at 2400Mhz, does that mean they're not supported or they're not preferred?

Thanks in advance!:headbang:

Hey,

Check out the user builds section. A number of us, including me, have fully working builds with a GA-Z87X-UD4H :) Also it's in the latest buyers guide.

It's because it's listed in the table way down.. I thought the easier hardware were stated above... Anyway since I thought I can't use the UD4H, I've been motivating myself on getting the UD5H, is it better to just go with the UD5H, more fan headers and an extra ethernet for networking? Or should I just go with the UD4H because "it's there". I live in Egypt right but there's' a chance I might move to canada so if I were to buy it from there or the USA I'd get the plus side of the warranty IF I were to take it with me haha.

Since this is my first build, is installing it on the UD4H as easy as the UD5H since I dunno either and I need an available step by step guide..

Lastly. Do you know anything about the RAMs? They only provided the corsair vengeance clocked at 1600, does that mean the hyperX beast at 2400 won't work?

Thanks again !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back