Contribute
Register

Second User settings issues. (10.8.3 new build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
**SPECS**
Intel Core i7,Quad 3.49 Ghz
16Gb RAM
GTX 660 Ti
Z77X-UD5H Board
Water Cooler
Dual Monitor (LGIPS231)
240Gb SSD (Mac Only/Boot dev.)
500Gb SATA (Mac Only/Storage)
650Gb SATA (Mac Only/Storage)
500Gb SATA (Win 7 Ent/NTFS)
iSight CAM (original Firewire)

First, On the main Admin account ALL FREAKIN GOOD !! Audio,Firewire,iSight,USB2/3, etc very fine and dandy. Thanks to the great guides on this site. Also thanks to CosmoKramer and Dunbadn:headbang:
I have a problem now with the second user account who is also an admin on the system (wife).
Created OK, but does not retain the following settings:
Bookmarks stored on Safari bookmark bar.
Mail server nor password settings.
Desktop organization (does not retain placement of icons)
I have played around with keychain settings but not successful yet on anything.

Next step will be to create yet another user account unlocked and admin, and see if that works.
Anyone else experience this???
Fixes??? Thanks.. Ryanator.
:banghead:

Update!!
I have had FULL SUCCESS by simply creating another user, importing all individual settings, and then using the new account. Leaving the old one on until such time as I am assured of "everything" working.

Once unusable is no longer needed I will delete, and post update.

User settings issues UPDATE ! (10.8.3 new build)

Further Success to relay.

I have tested the HDMI native output from the GTX 660i card with full 1080p output.
Fully successful on an "auto-recognition" of the Stereo amp I have as a main system component.
(Pioneer VSX 1127)
Simply just plugged the HDMI output from the card, and it auto-recognized the amp, then magically mirrored my main display automatically.
Therefore now able to stream and/or watch video output directly from the new Hackintosh. (Wahoo!)
Anomalies to report:
*Auto mirroring of displays. (Can change simply in control panel)
*Sound output from HDMI disabled. (Working on this, will report)
*If disconnected, full reorganization of desktop required and third monitor still active until re-start.

Also, Audio.
I have both the Hackintosh and amp connected to a router for net connection.
Tried "Airplay" direct from Mac, and fully successful.
Recognized immediately by Amp, and displays "mac oriented" information on TV display connected, regardless of HDMI connection in or out.
(Full Airplay support confirmed) :thumbup: :D

Update on HDMI Output

All good, one anomaly
When in "triple side by side" display mode (Dual IPS231 and Samsung TV display) and turning off TV, desktop icons rearrange, and seem to stay on TV display.
Have to move over to active display in order to reorganize.
(Does not stay on active display in a "locked" mode when auto recognizing 3rd monitor addition through HDMI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back