Contribute
Register

Sapphire 5850 Xtreme 1GB + Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

What about your GPU temperature?
My GPU temperature is high with Zonlias, low with modified Hoolock.

According to HWMonitor, it's 38-39c when idle, light surfing with lots of flash embedded pushes temp up to 42-43c..I think it's in safe range :)

According to HWMonitor, it's 38-39c when idle, light surfing with lots of flash embedded pushes temp up to 42-43c..I think it's in safe range :)

You are lucky guy.

Hi Dakku, thanks for the Ati5000Kontroller.kext you uploaded to save us some pain.

Unfortunately I can confirm that the kext is not working properly for the HDMI. I'm trying to get all three monitors working like they do on Windows and Linux.

The good news is that your kext enabled all three displays but the HDMI just cloned the DVI one and was not recognized as a third monitor to be able to change its settings. Do you have any idea why that may be? The QE/CI with the kext was working great with all three monitors on.

I'm willing to make the the kext work for all outputs as soon as I get the ati-personality.pl display the correct results (it doesn't print the hex byte table of the personalities and just posted a question about this on bcc9's thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...nalities-for-ati-radeon-hd45xxx/page__st__640 .

My hackintosh is running on Lion 10.7.5 too.

hi mclaughlin,
unfortunately I do not have a HDMI monitor to test, but I look forward to your results. Please share your mods here so we can all learn :)

Thanks dakku, the HDMI video can be used and tested easily via a HDMI to DVI cable, which I also use for my third monitor. But I hope I can add HDMI audio support too by testing it on my HDTV.

I'll post results as soon as I find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back