Contribute
Register

SANDY BRIDGE INSTALLATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
@karacho

thanks for your answer... I will try at miday or this evening and let you you konw how it works.
I saw on your post, that I have to instal the "IOUSBFamily Rollback" and the "USB 3.0 NEC/RENESAS".. will it fix the USB2.0 probleme too?
Do I have to reinstal the "IOUSBFamily Rollback" if I've done it after my 10.6.8 udpate?Must

I boot with iboot to run multibeast? or can I run it directly from a normal boot?
need I to type something at the boot creen?

thanks for your patience!

Gaschi007 said:
Sure i did! I did it the way i discribed it above!
Updatehelper
Reboot with iboot
Combo update
Reboot with iboot
MultiBeast with your configuration
Any solutions for me?
Here's a decription what UpdateHelper is doing: UpdateHelper deletes the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext plugins folder (in System/Library/Extensions). And now have a look through your Message where it Stucks above ;)

Now you can try to boot in Single User Mode. When you can get the Admin Terminal type...

fsck -fy

If you get a Message the Filsystem was modified, repeat the fsck command until OSX tells you that your HDD appears to be OK. Then type...

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/
reboot

On the Chimera Bootscreen again, type -f -v and hit Enter. When you can get to your Desktop, run Kext Wizard and rebuild the kextcaches and repair the Permissions on the HDD

marcoscar said:
I saw on your post, that I have to instal the "IOUSBFamily Rollback" and the "USB 3.0 NEC/RENESAS".. will it fix the USB2.0 probleme too?
Yeah i think so. The "USB 3.0 NEC/RENESAS" enable your USB3 Ports and the "IOUSBFamily Rollback" will fix your Probs with USB2.
Do I have to reinstal the "IOUSBFamily Rollback" if I've done it after my 10.6.8 udpate?
That isn't bad at all...just do it
or can I run it directly from a normal boot?
need I to type something at the boot creen?

thanks for your patience!
Yes, there's no need to boot up using iBoot if your System is able to boot w/o iBoot

Ok thanks but before i try this i have a few questions:

1. How do i boot in Single User Mode? Or is it just boot with iboot? And what is the difference between this and a normal boot?
2. How do i get to the admin terminal or is it automatically admin?
3. Should i repeat only the "fsck" command or "fsck -fy"?
4. After the "mount..." command, should i reboot without iBoot?

Thanks! (hope im not annoying..)

Gaschi007 said:
Ok thanks but before i try this i have a few questions:

1. How do i boot in Single User Mode?
On the Bootscreen type -s
2. How do i get to the admin terminal or is it automatically admin?
You're automatically Admin if you're booting with -s and the Terminal Window appears
3. Should i repeat only the "fsck" command or "fsck -fy"?
fsck -fy (f=force y=always assume yes)
4. After the "mount..." command, should i reboot without iBoot?

Thanks! (hope im not annoying..)
Just do it like mentioned. If you were able to delete the kext from the Plugin Folder, type reboot and boot up w/o iBoot but type -f on the Bootscreen to bypass the kextcache. Then, hopefully on your Desktop again, rebuild the kextcaches and repair the permissions with Kext Witard

Ok i did everything you have said, and i think it deleted the .kext.
But now it stops at the following lines (boot without iboot)

** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address f4:6d:04:af:74:83
virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClients::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory

Ideas?
Thanks

Gaschi007 said:
Ok i did everything you have said, and i think it deleted the .kext.
But now it stops at the following lines (boot without iboot)

** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address f4:6d:04:af:74:83
virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClients::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory

Ideas?
Thanks
On the Bootscreen type -f -v GraphicsEnabler=yes PciRootUID=1 npci=0x2000
If that don't work try -f -v GraphicsEnabler=yes PciRootUID=0 npci=0x2000

karacho said:
marcoscar said:
Yeah i think so. The "USB 3.0 NEC/RENESAS" enable your USB3 Ports and the "IOUSBFamily Rollback" will fix your Probs with USB2.

Did what you said and now alla usb 2 are working!
thanks

@karacho

USB3 / USB2
I run multibeast as you said... and everything looks like running good! USB3 and USB2 work.

Thanks for all your advices. With this post, I understood a lot af things about hackintosh set up...... and improve my english!

ah yes... just one last question... do you know if I can use webcam on hackintosh? any drivers to instal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back