Did it work for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr_Keenbean said:
lilaznjocky said:
WHat would graphicsenabler=no do?

Work, for starters. :D

Ever since Multibeast 3.4 with the 10.6.7 Radeon kexts I am able to run vanilla 10.6.7 with just those kexts installed and everything works flawlessly.

Except sound. Occursed sound!

Tried the kexts listed in the original build but just get static. Thoughts?

Dr Keenbean.

Did your install fail at all?
Did you use any switches prior to installing 10.6.3 (GraphicsEnable=no? PCIRootUID=1(2,3,4,5,etc)

I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work.

You have the same mobo an processor as I do.

Just looking to get passed the initial install so I can tweak with multibeast and such

I'm also under the impression that you can't use custom DSDT kexts until AFTER the initial install of 10.6.3 WHICH I KEEP FAILING ON. so frustrating.

Thanks to all for any help you can give me.

Win7 x64 works great in raid 0 on the 2 sata iii ports!

thanks so much for this guide. It has gotten me farthur than any other guide.

GA P67A UD3 B3 F2
i2500k
1 stick of 4gb DDR3 ram 1600
30 gb SSD in SATA 0
SONY SATA DVD drive in SATA 1
gigabyte silent cell 5770 in slot 1 with one monitor plugged in
matias tactile pro 3 keyboard
logitech performance LX mouse
seasonic X-650

I can boot into my install with iboot legacy but I can;t get it to boot on it's own. It tries to boot, flashes the grey apple screen for a SPLIT SECCOND and then reboots.

when I use iBoot "mach_kernel" doesn't work, but if I use everything else it goes smoothly.

I haven't attempted to get audio or sleep or anything else fancy like that working until I get the OS to boot on it's own.

any ideas are appreciated. my guess is I will need to add some stuff to my com.apple.Boot.plist

coudl it maybe be a graphics issue? if so does the multibeast 3.4 fix my problem? what options should I be using?

try:
* GraphicsEnabler = No (like some other posted)
* -x
* PCIRootUID = 1 or PciRoot = 1

I have tried all of these. here's the thing. I *can* boot with iBoot. I can't get it to work with just iBoot.

I can boot using iBoot and NO special options. so I don't think the issue is flags.

OK PROGRESS!!

HAD to make sure Ports 0-3 were set as legacy instead of native
Disable onboard NIC
Disable sound (azalia?)
Set CPU to 29 (2.89 Ghz) <- Kernel panics if not set below 30 (for me)
Disable Turbo Mode

boot with iboot
put in retail SL press f5

Here's the important part (for me)

the switches

boot: GraphicsEnabler=no PCIRootUID=1 busratio=29 arch=i386 maxmem=4096 -x -v

has to be exactly like that or it will not work for me

Installed OSX SL 10.6.3
boot with iboot
press f8 as soon as iboot starts to boot (you see the / spinning) select OSX HD

enter same switches as above

I'm in!!! Now I still have plenty of work ahead of me with the combo update, MultiBeast, etc

But I finall got 10.6.3 install! :headbang: Miller Time!

redboy33 said:
OK PROGRESS!!

HAD to make sure Ports 0-3 were set as legacy instead of native
Disable onboard NIC
Disable sound (azalia?)
Set CPU to 29 (2.89 Ghz) <- Kernel panics if not set below 30 (for me)
Disable Turbo Mode
Be sure to use iBoot Legacy

redboy33 said:
But I finall got 10.6.3 install! :headbang: Miller Time!
Grats :)

Make a backup like I told with Carbon Copy Cloner.
If you have your system stable with 10.6.6 (or 10.6.7) try to switch the multi back to 34... I could switch it to 40 or 42 (didn't go further) and MSRTool showed the frequency (all the other software / OS X did not). Further enable sound and turbo... should work (with legacy, no idea if it does with vanilla)

Regards

mistermarkd said:
I have tried all of these. here's the thing. I *can* boot with iBoot. I can't get it to work with just iBoot.

I can boot using iBoot and NO special options. so I don't think the issue is flags.
^ thats a little unspecific.

Your board is definitely working as a base for Hackintoshing. As well your gfx card is probably working (not sure cause some vendors change some hardware others use reference designs...). Both togather = not sure.

Awesome guide! When the SB platform came out I jumped the gun and got an MSI P67 (though then returned it for an H67, since I had intended on using it for an HTPC) mobo, and an i5 2500k, and I was blown away by the performance jump compared to my previous setup (i5 750). I've been waiting to hackintosh my system again, and now that there's a guide I may try it when I have the money to get an AMD GPU. I have a damaged Palit Geforce GTS 250 1GB GPU that I replaced with a Zotac nVidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB Amp Edition, which is a great great card, which was somehow priced cheaper than the standard/stock clocked edition. ^.^ The only problem people seem to have with it is Mac OS X compatibility, and I don't blame Apple for breaking off their partnership with nVidia.

I have one question though:

As of the 10.6.7 update the Radeon HD 6970 (AMD Radeon HD 6970 Device ID 0x6718, which is basically a 6950 with the last row or w/e of shaders enabled) is supported. If I were to get one (I'm looking at these cards at NewEgg, or where-ever else I can get it for a decent price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127555 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product), and then use Windows 7 to flash a 6970 BIOS onto it, would it play nice with OS X? I still have my previous OS X install intact, and all I'd really need to do is get the board mentioned in the OP, boot into my system with iBoot Legacy, and replace the kernel and the kexts for the GPU. How hard would that be to do, if at all possible? Would the fact that the GPU has 2GB of RAM impact anything?

Thanks in advance,
Shiggitay2

Cant help you with
- MSI Boards (Gigabyte here only, some say ASUS is worth it...)
- Other Chipsets than the P67A
- Other Graphics cards than the 8800/9800 GT

You can still try the guide but I'd rather follow TonyMacs guide as it is more generic.
Also make sure if things do not work out to try other bootloaders as well.

Thanks a lot!!!

I've installed 10.6.6 on my GA P67A UD3 B3. In addition, I've also put Win7 64b on it.

Next step are Ubuntu 10.10 and VMware. Supper!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back