Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Guide: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Rev 1.0 BIOS=F2

Did it work for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
too many quotes, :D

I am using a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 rev 1.0 BIOS=F2 motherboard, 4GB Corsair Ram, HIS Radeon 5770 Video Card.

I'm going to use iboot (vs iboot legacy) this time and see what happens.

lilaznjocky said:
Just for clarifcation, after the iboot legacy screen, insert the SL DVD hit F5, once the SL DVD shows up then type "GraphicsEnabler=no" at the bottom and hit enter? Was it iboot or iboot legacy that you used? Also, do you need an existing OS before you can do this? Thank you.

Ok... just to make it clear. If you do not have my specs and the guide does not work, there is no reason to say it doesnt. Its just for exactly those specs. If you can make it work with a different graphics card, thats fine. If there are other differences, use another guide.

that being said... I think only iBoot Legacy works with sandy bridge.

ragrim said:
After the first reboot where im suppose to hit F8 then enter

mach_kernel arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=8192 -force64 -v

Some text scrolls quickly then systemn reboots, have tried doing a -x but no luck, if i boot from iboot cd i can get in but nothing realy works.

Only differance in my setup is i have an i3-2120, should i change anything for this? oh and i have an 8800gts 640mb

I read about issues with the GTS (not GT nor GTX) versions.
Also you are on that exact motherboard?

1. see this for gfx cards. wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

2. try booting with -x

3. if the installer finishes and after finishing says "Installation failed" it might /still/ have worked. What you wanna do then is just reboot, enter the iboot (legacy) medium, wait until iboot comes up, and then select the mac os x partition where you installed OS X too.. might boot ... just try it

Thanks. I'll try with just -x

I have tried to iboot to osx partition after a fail message, but there is never one listed. So before I try to install osx again I check out the disk and it only has around 1.12gb used.

All day I've been at this. I'm new to the Mac. I own a MacBook and work in IT as a sysadmin. This kills me that I can't get it to work.

I guess I'll have to try a different video card but other people have this same setup and they got it to work.

uptime 1d 10h 29m

After switching sata ports im rock solid now. This is on 10.6.6, still waiting for 10.6.7 sleepenabler till i work on it.

I used iboot and graphicsenabler=yes and got to atleast the apple logo, when i tried with iboot legacy and graphicsenabler=yes, the fan just runs at full blast and i get a black screen.

WHat would graphicsenabler=no do?

lilaznjocky said:
WHat would graphicsenabler=no do?

Work, for starters. :D

Ever since Multibeast 3.4 with the 10.6.7 Radeon kexts I am able to run vanilla 10.6.7 with just those kexts installed and everything works flawlessly.

Except sound. Occursed sound!

Tried the kexts listed in the original build but just get static. Thoughts?

keypox said:
uptime 1d 10h 29m

After switching sata ports im rock solid now. This is on 10.6.6, still waiting for 10.6.7 sleepenabler till i work on it.

<3 - exactly my expirience. I had been transfering 1.5 TB of small files via Ethernet (Gigabit, but the NAS is slow) which meant around 36-48 hours uptime, GFX card went to sleep inbetween but could be woken up. After everything was done the whole system went to sleep and I woke it up :).
Only issues I had was 3D Fullscreen and some very tiny issues with professional sound apps. Was also very snappy.

Dr_Keenbean said:
Except sound. Occursed sound!

Tried the kexts listed in the original build but just get static. Thoughts?

Did you install exactly the Kexts (the 892 NOT the 889) I mentioned - did you remove Kexts you installed prior (Multibeast only installs, does not remove Kexts). Did you rebuild caches and fix permissions? Also try going to Audio MIDI Setup, choose different outputs and select different Hz and Bitrates there. Also if its a "real" static sound it might be a digital sound data stream which you output to regular analogues hardware..?!

... added some hints about the hardware installation

I was the one who clicked 'does not work - same hardware'

Had such an issue until I remembered reading somewhere in this forum that OSX does not like a cpu speed >3.2.

I changed the cpu ratio to 33 and viola! now it works perfectly.

Wish I could change my vote!

Thanks for your post. It was a real timesaver for someone like me who knows a fair amount but not to the level of detail you guys do.

HK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back