Contribute
Register

Sandy Bridge Guide: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Rev 1.0 BIOS=F2

Did it work for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Radeon 9500... not sure.. those are from the times where G5 where top notch... just try it...

Just for clarifcation, after the iboot legacy screen, insert the SL DVD hit F5, once the SL DVD shows up then type "GraphicsEnabler=no" at the bottom and hit enter? Was it iboot or iboot legacy that you used? Also, do you need an existing OS before you can do this? Thank you.

lilaznjocky said:
Just for clarifcation, after the iboot legacy screen, insert the SL DVD hit F5, once the SL DVD shows up then type "GraphicsEnabler=no" at the bottom and hit enter? Was it iboot or iboot legacy that you used? Thank you.

I don't get an option to hit f5. I'm booting iboot from a USB DVD drive. Not sure if that is the issue. I see where everyone else shows a graphical representation of their hard drives. I have 5 hard drives. 1 I have windows 7 x64 on. None of them show up graphically.

I'm going to try and put iboot on a USB flash drive and boot that way with snow leopard in the USB DVD drive. Oh, I ran out to best buy and bought a copy of snow leopard this morning.

redboy33 said:
lilaznjocky said:
Just for clarifcation, after the iboot legacy screen, insert the SL DVD hit F5, once the SL DVD shows up then type "GraphicsEnabler=no" at the bottom and hit enter? Was it iboot or iboot legacy that you used? Thank you.

I don't get an option to hit f5. I'm booting iboot from a USB DVD drive. Not sure if that is the issue. I see where everyone else shows a graphical representation of their hard drives. I have 5 hard drives. 1 I have windows 7 x64 on. None of them show up graphically.

I'm going to try and put iboot on a USB flash drive and boot that way with snow leopard in the USB DVD drive. Oh, I ran out to best buy and bought a copy of snow leopard this morning.

It's not an option, you just hit it after you place the SL DVD in the drive.

redboy33 said:
I tried GraphicsEnabler=no

tried GraphicsEnabler=no PCIBootIUD=1 (then tried 2-6)

tried busratio=29

I will try mach_kernel arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=8192 -force64 -v and post my results.

I have an old Radeon 9500 Pro. Think it would help if I tried that card?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I may go out an buy a retail dvd today. Been trying to get the USB flash drive to work. No luck as of yet.

as soon as I hit return I see the pinwheel thing "/" and then the gray screen with apple logo for a second and then my pc reboots..

if your not using over 4GB of memory you dont need the force64, and you will set your max memory. IE 4096 is 4GB

keypox said:
redboy33 said:
I tried GraphicsEnabler=no

tried GraphicsEnabler=no PCIBootIUD=1 (then tried 2-6)

tried busratio=29

I will try mach_kernel arch=i386 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=8192 -force64 -v and post my results.

I have an old Radeon 9500 Pro. Think it would help if I tried that card?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I may go out an buy a retail dvd today. Been trying to get the USB flash drive to work. No luck as of yet.

as soon as I hit return I see the pinwheel thing "/" and then the gray screen with apple logo for a second and then my pc reboots..

if your not using over 4GB of memory you dont need the force64, and you will set your max memory. IE 4096 is 4GB

When you enter these commands, are they all on the same line? Like:

GraphicsEnabler=no PCIBootIUD=1

or Do you enter -v GraphicsEnabler=no PCIBootIUD=1

I just want to know the exact command you put in after you hit F5 to see the Mac OSX DVD. Thanks.

Ok finally broke down and pulled a sata dvd drive from my HTPC.

WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. ahhh, I am currently watching the OS X install screen.

I when iboot loads via my USB DVD Rom it seems like it doesn't load the correct drivers or misses some of them. I FINALLY got the Graphical screen with the iboot logo. Swapped the SL DVD and hit f5 BINGO!

As I was typing this I got the Install Failed screen. Let me try it again with some of the basic switches.

I'm making progress..

Thanks again..

redboy33 said:

I when iboot loads via my USB DVD Rom it seems like it doesn't load the correct drivers or misses some of them. I FINALLY got the Graphical screen with the iboot logo. Swapped the SL DVD and hit f5 BINGO!

As I was typing this I got the Install Failed screen. Let me try it again with some of the basic switches.

I'm making progress..

Thanks again..

What graphics card do you have? Did you use iboot or iboot legacy? Isn't the P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard not supported on iboot?

lilaznjocky said:
redboy33 said:

I'm making progress..

Thanks again..

What graphics card do you have? Did you use iboot or iboot legacy? Isn't the P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard not supported on iboot?

I am using iboot legacy. I can get to the install screens and configure my drives but it failes around 25%

:banghead:

InstallFailed.jpg

I tried the busratio=29 GraphicsEnabler=no PciBoot=1 and like I said I can get into the install mode but it fails with the above screen.

any idea's?

redboy33 said:
lilaznjocky said:
redboy33 said:

I'm making progress..

Thanks again..

I am using iboot legacy. I can get to the install screens and configure my drives but it failes around 25%

:banghead:

InstallFailed.jpg

I tried the busratio=29 GraphicsEnabler=no PciBoot=1 and like I said I can get into the install mode but it fails with the above screen.

any idea's?

I can't even get to the MacOSX screen. It depends on your MB and Graphics card. What do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back