Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

Ok Tony so here is what i did. I started out with 10.7.0 and tried the kext and got the same result as when i reinstalled 10.7.2. I can't log in with -x -s or -f. I get no panic if i go in to boot override and let Chimera load it boots in less then 26 sec and only HDMI. same result as what i was getting before, but this time Chipset in labeled as Unknown.
here is what i see in system profiler.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.60 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 400 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3
Serial Number (system): C02F93FQDH2G
Hardware UUID: 3EC38E16-FA5D-521A-9804-299C8090002B

Graphics/Displays
Unknown:
Chipset Model: Unknown
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0116
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
2343:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: AFBB3OA002055
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

@Tonymac can you look at my dsdt and the dsdt the other person posted, if you look at gfx0 and look at the dd0 etc that's when differences start. maybe that will give an idea how to patch the kext because mine works and that one doesn't for some reason. The touchscreen is an overlay product, even if it was physically manufactured as one piece it's still two separate pciid products so that "should" have nothing to do with the problems.
Anyways I looked at the dsdt and there are distict differences if my life wasn't so busy right now I would code box em but no time just search for gfx0 and scroll down to the middle of that section (about three pages worth I compared in total) differences are triply for sure.
Good luck will chat about the dsdt audio changes as soon as I get some breathing room.
terramir

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
Ok Tony so here is what i did. I started out with 10.7.0 and tried the kext and got the same result as when i reinstalled 10.7.2. I can't log in with -x -s or -f. I get no panic if i go in to boot override and let Chimera load it boots in less then 26 sec and only HDMI. same result as what i was getting before, but this time Chipset in labeled as Unknown.
here is what i see in system profiler.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Speed: 1.60 GHz
Bus Speed: 400 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3
Serial Number (system): C02F93FQDH2G
Hardware UUID: 3EC38E16-FA5D-521A-9804-299C8090002B

Graphics/Displays
Unknown:
Chipset Model: Unknown
Displays:
2343:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Display Serial Number: AFBB3OA002055
Rotation: Supported
Iteresting thing i think look here it's my original macbook air 13 late 2011 info

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir4,2
Processor Speed: 1,7 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBA41.0077.B0E
SMC Version (system): 1.73f63

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort
I think resolution is the problem or display port
HDMI connection with MacBookAir4,2 smbios work perfect, I even run dirt 2 with no problem :)
``and i have a question what about touch screen, in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ve7T5glU4 we can see finger touching with no problem, I can't get it work, please help me!!!
Thank you, and sorry for my english, I hope you undersand me ;)

I think there are 2 Kexts that may be Needed for HD 3000, least that what is says here..
http://www.osx86.net/view/1537-drivers_ ... d3000.html
It also mentions to add the ID, did you check to see if the ids match?

I did see where the current Chimera Boot Loader Has Support for the HD3000, was just a thought.

Also...
Has anyone tried... http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredriv ... debug.html
its looks to be a debug tool that i saw on the apple website for testing/debugging
Perhaps it can be helpful

freethinker said:
I think there are 2 Kexts that may be Needed for HD 3000, least that what is says here..

http://www.osx86.net/view/1537-drivers_ ... d3000.html

It also mentions to add the ID, did you check to see if the ids match?

How can I check id's ? maybe can give some instruction :oops:

hey guys i hate to sound stupid, but here it goes.

If in 10.7.0 i boot using -f (ignoring cash), why is it that we get the screen to work even if its not the right res. I mean it all seems to work except the res. So please can someone just explain why they think that is, so a newjack like me can have a better understanding.

i am not sure if i am on to something or not, but when you use ( on your video) the pen, it seems that the arrow is not always at the location relative to the tip of the pen. I am not sure if that it is the camera angle of the video or not. Assuming that its not the camera angle, i asked myself why would this be? Perhaps some kind of screen calibration or perhaps the digitizer portion thinks the resolution is different than the display resolution.
HD 3000, may support 1080p, but Perhaps the tablet display does not. Can you can lower the tablets' screen resolution to a lower number and see if the the gap between the arrow and the pen tip is more consistent away from the center of the screen?

Also, which model is the internal wireless? the download page on the samsung site said Intel Wireless Proset, I know Proset is also a Windows utility to help manage SSID's etc in the windows environment, but do you know the exact model number of the Card? I would guess that its a "N" card but i was unable to determine from the stuff that i read.

Also if you dont have a fully patched DSDT did you try to install using Easybeast (non dsdt install) ?

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
hey guys i hate to sound stupid, but here it goes.

If in 10.7.0 i boot using -f (ignoring cash), why is it that we get the screen to work even if its not the right res. I mean it all seems to work except the res. So please can someone just explain why they think that is, so a newjack like me can have a better understanding.
What's happening is that it's not using acceleration happens on my main when I remove all the ati kexts to get my lcd to work. same thing is basically happening here, I dunno but it seems like the dsdt is showing the hdmi as primary screen and lvds is not showing properly or something.
you could force res and remove the intel hd3000 kexts but then you'l lose qe/ci all together that would be pointless. we need the guy that did the qe/ci fix for the hd3000 graphics to take a look at our dsdt he might be able to figure that out tonymac should know who that is. MAD Audi would like you to check your smbios.plist because the other guy had machine 5.1 listed hdmi would be the default output with a mac mini lvds is the default output with the macbookpro 8,1 check yours and get back to me.
terramir

Battery pack tested work ok :)

Attachments

• Battery Lion.zip
    450.4 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back