Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

The reference to MacMan's post applies only to HD graphics. We have HD 3000 graphics. There is a difference, but I see why you are confused.

Just so you know. Good luck with this, seems like a cool project!

blueking said:
The reference to MacMan's post applies only to HD graphics. We have HD 3000 graphics. There is a difference, but I see why you are confused.

Just so you know. Good luck with this, seems like a cool project!
Sorry not sure which reference youre speaking of, I will look thru the thread. This slate has hd 3000 graphics as well.

eMatoS said:
You can actually dump all your hardware tables with everest, rename them as .dsl and then you have a raw table to work with.

You have to right click in the lower bar of the window, then ACPI Tool > Save Table.

Okay I will try this and upload the results. Hopefully someone can decrypt it, im not really even sure what im looking for.

@ Tabletosxbay We are looking for the hardware id pci vend id sub id to see what it has going on inside and what we can make compatible. I will be doing some audio hacking in the next day or two Hoping to enable the 3 series model to use native audio. Might need someone with the slate to boot into ubuntu and do an audio dump to ensure that the i/o ports are the same on the two models. Trying to get native audio up and running voodoo HDA causes kernel panics and conflicts at times even though it might get triggered in another kext. This may help us get all the samsung 3/7/9 series that use second gen core i "3,5,7" processors fully functional.
As for the video HD 3000 video should be supported right OOTB with the smbios Macbookpro 8,1 because it has the same device. Anyways right now I gotta get some shut eye. But I took a quick look except that my revision is is a little different (I have 1001 and the tablet 1002) the audio should work. however might need to be edited for different pinouts we'll see. Following the king's guide if anyone can point me towards a better one I'd appreciate it.
@Tonymac, please if you have the time can you compile the info I asked for because it might be the solution to get sleep up and running perfectly on these machines, with the new hybrid s4/s5 sleep both apple and samsung as well as many others are starting to use. Wonder the exact dsdt descriptions that are going on. I mean asl is pretty universal, however the variable definitions can vary and still compile properly. Considering apple uses an incomplete implementation according to everything I read.
terramir

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
arikstress said:
Touch-screen and Wacom pen: are both recognized OOB.

way coool, hiccups, i only has fujitsu tablet notebook, wacom and touchscreen didn't work. can you share what extensions load for your wacom or touchscreen device? :thumbup: nice share

It works for me OOB. but no display. but when researching this before i got my tablet i saw someone post this place.
http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTou ... Driver.htm

i plan to use that program to calibrate my tablet when i have it fully running.

good luck

thanks a bunch, i'll give it a try... i never found this site before. wish me luck then..hihih

@arikstress
Good Luck! :thumbup:

So here is my update. Found a friend with 10.7.0 Install on his MBP. Made a UniBeast install USB key.
Installed lion with -f (not -F, capital F does nothing but hang up the system.)
Ran MB Lion edition, with EasyBeast, Chimera 1.6 bootloader, MacBook Pro 8,1 def.

Results:

If i boot using -f as tabletosxbay described i get screen to work on tablet but only 64Mb of Vram is used and monitor not recognized. Same resolution issues. I am not using UniBeast to load. When i power on with no USB key attached it bring me in to BIOS automatically i go in to EXIT and do BootOverride. Iboot loads up and I use -f to load. NO HDMI out. Both cameras kind of work (zoom Issues) in FaceTime and Photo Booth with lag. System profiler shows both cameras, bluetooth and MiniSD card reader as USB devices.

If I Power on go to EXIT choose BootOverride and just let Iboot load with no flags then i don't get Screen to work, but HDMI works with HD3000 at 384MB of Vram. Also shows 4 display with only my 32" LG plasma in use. Both cameras kind of work (zoom Issues) in FaceTime and iBooth with lag. System profiler shows both cameras, bluetooth and MiniSD card reader as USB devices.

I have not reinstalled Windows7 as i saw tabletosxbay had posted his system info from a few posts ago. So this is where i am. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Still at it! :beachball:

I'm shore most of you guys know this already, but the Wifi/BT mini combo card thats in our samsung tablets is a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230. It's a dual-stream (2x2), dual-band (2.4 GHz /5.0 GHz), 802.11a/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 3.0 mini-pcie half card. Model number 62230ANHMW. I'v tried a few things but no good yet.

Here is a photo of it.
201106031532302798.jpg=600.jpeg

Attachments

• 201106031532302798.jpg=600.jpeg
    201106031532302798.jpg=600.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 267

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
I'm shore most of you guys know this already, but the Wifi/BT mini combo card thats in our samsung tablets is a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230. It's a dual-stream (2x2), dual-band (2.4 GHz /5.0 GHz), 802.11a/g/n Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 3.0 mini-pcie half card. Model number 62230ANHMW. I'v tried a few things but no good yet.

Here is a photo of it.
replace that with a dell dw1510 that has been branded for apple and you should be good to go in lion, what I don't understand is why you guys don't have native resolution ootb with the newest chimera because I do and I also have a macbookpro8,1 definition it's weird that you guys can't get the internal display to work with full qe/ci. maybe there is something amiss in your guy's dsdt that the display is not recognized, I'll post my 3 series dsdt and maybe someone smarter than me can get to the bottom of this. If someone else posts the one for this one (extract it with dsdtse also extract the ssdt tables) then maybe someone here can figure this out.
terramir

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 107

Thanks terramir,

Im a bit new to this portion of the Hackintoshing. I do believe it has something to do with the way the screen the touchscreen and the wacom are connected together is the issue. But then again I'm just guessing. I will do as you have stated as soon as i get some time.

As far as opening up this brand new tablet is a bit out of the question for me because of the warranty issues that i will have. So till then ill use a different method for wifi. Well unless there is a easy way to open it and not mess up the display or the touchscreen. i just have not thought of going down that road just yet, but who knows ill do some research tonight.

Im also puzzled at why this is happening with the screen. I mean it wants to work, just some little code is missing or needs to be corrected so the display understand where to send the signal to. With my limited knowledge I get lost quick in the technical stuff, but I'm not giving up. I just have to get some time to read some more and organize my notes and bookmarks. i know i have seen all the answers to our problems on this site. Im just having a hard time piecing together the clues from post to post.

I know i did't spend $1200 for nothing. I told myself I'm not going to return it or run windows till someone figures out how to do it. slowly ill hack at it till i learn how to get to where i need to get to.

If this was a design issue or an architectural drawing that needed to be tweaks.. No problem, hell man id even figure out how to twin turbo charge a Lambergini :p , but this has me a bit... :crazy:

but thanks to everybody's help, i believe we will get there.

and on we go... :beachball:

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
Thanks terramir,

Im a bit new to this portion of the Hackintoshing. I do believe it has something to do with the way the screen the touchscreen and the wacom are connected together is the issue. But then again I'm just guessing. I will do as you have stated as soon as i get some time.

As far as opening up this brand new tablet is a bit out of the question for me because of the warranty issues that i will have. So till then ill use a different method for wifi. Well unless there is a easy way to open it and not mess up the display or the touchscreen. i just have not thought of going down that road just yet, but who knows ill do some research tonight.

Im also puzzled at why this is happening with the screen. I mean it wants to work, just some little code is missing or needs to be corrected so the display understand where to send the signal to. With my limited knowledge I get lost quick in the technical stuff, but I'm not giving up. I just have to get some time to read some more and organize my notes and bookmarks. i know i have seen all the answers to our problems on this site. Im just having a hard time piecing together the clues from post to post.

I know i did't spend $1200 for nothing. I told myself I'm not going to return it or run windows till someone figures out how to do it. slowly ill hack at it till i learn how to get to where i need to get to.

If this was a design issue or an architectural drawing that needed to be tweaks.. No problem, hell man id even figure out how to twin turbo charge a Lambergini :p , but this has me a bit... :crazy:

but thanks to everybody's help, i believe we will get there.

and on we go... :beachball:
As for the video we need to see what the heck is going on
download dsdtse and extract the dsdt zip it up and post it here. as for the wifi issue, I think the bluetooth should work OOTB, as for wifi a lot of ralink usb chipsets have macosx drivers (but the catch is the drivers and the app eat up the system resources that's why I prefer the DW1510 the airport utility is pretty resource neutral.)
If you could dump the dsdt and sst, sst-1 tables some of the cracks might be able to compare the GFX0 data and check why yours doesn't work and mine does , since samsung dsdt's are a mess but pretty generic in my opinion it might give us a hint.
terramir

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:

Here's a great search for info on that model- unfortunately upon quick scan it looks like people with this card end up swapping it out...

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu ... gsc.page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back