Graphics
GTX 780 TI Quad SLI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What works and doesn't work on this Ultrabook?
Has anyone had any success installing Mavericks on to it?

I can't seem to find many guides for this Ultrabook.

First of all you have not told us any specs, how can you expect us to help without that information?
Providing it has an Intel processor you should be able to get it working, to some extent...

See here for an overview of compatibility: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

No one can tell you without specs on your machine, and even then you'll have to discover whether you can make it work for yourself. If you read the above link you will see that there are known problems with certain Samsung computers with HD4000 and eDP displays.

Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3317U (1.70GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
3.3" SuperBright 300nit HD LED Display (1366 x 768), Anti-Reflective
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
4GB DDR3 System Memory at 1,600MHz
500GB S-ATAII Slim Hard Drive (5,400RPM) with ExpressCache 24GB
I
ntel HM76 Chipset
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235, 2 x 2 802.11abg/n (up to 300Mbps), Widi Support
Card reader 4-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
Touch Screen also.

Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3317U (1.70GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
3.3" SuperBright 300nit HD LED Display (1366 x 768), Anti-Reflective
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
4GB DDR3 System Memory at 1,600MHz
500GB S-ATAII Slim Hard Drive (5,400RPM) with ExpressCache 24GB
I
ntel HM76 Chipset
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235, 2 x 2 802.11abg/n (up to 300Mbps), Widi Support
Card reader 4-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
Touch Screen also.

You will need a DSDT patch for your HD4000. You can find it from RehabMan's repo... https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_HD4K_low.txt
You can use something like MaciASL to extract your own DSDT and then patch it yourself.

Intel Centrino is not supported so you will need change it and buy a supported card.

Okay i sure will , thanks.
So with the code you supplied from Rehabman , i would just copy it all and replace a specific area of my DSDT correct?

Okay i sure will , thanks.
So with the code you supplied from Rehabman , i would just copy it all and replace a specific area of my DSDT correct?
You can open MaciASL and then extract your own DSDT. Then select patch and copy the code in the 'Patch Text' then click apply.

Note: You will probably need more DSDT patches and I would be surprised if you could compile your DSDT without more patches needed. Speak to RehabMan about it, he knows a lot about DSDT and what patches you need.

EDIT: Before using the DSDT method try using this boot: IGPlatformID=0166000A and also this IGPEnabler=Yes/No

[SUP]Okay so when it comes down to I need my DSDT to be edited. After I edit it , id save it on desktop rename it to DSDT.aml , and then use Multibeast to select Userdsdt correct?[/SUP]

Having a issue reaching the installation Menu for Mavericks on Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook,
I have Fast Boot Disabled , AHCI = Yes , Legacy USB also..

I can reach the Chimera bootloader fine , it loads the all of the code and then the LCD goes black , connecting a HDMI cable to it on a external monitor displays this graphics error.
Ive tried GraphicsEnabler=No and yes , -v and -x .

My specs are lower down in this thread and the USB is made with Unibeast using a USB 2.0 port.

Verbose Code here:
verbose.jpg
Result so far:
hjgfdg.jpg
Doesn't do anything from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back