Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 3 NP350V5C-A03US Graphics Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
HD620, 1920x1080
EDIT: I got full QE/CI and resolution working on this laptop. Pretty much everything actually. I'll post a guide later if needed, and for anyone else who has this laptop. I'm only missing one thing (Kind of a big one though :/) PowerManagement. I don't know how to go about editing my DSDT to fix that, so I guess I'll just have to experiment and read up more. To get resolution working on here, use the ig platform id: 0160003

So I recently purchased this laptop, and was able to get ML installed, with most of the important stuff working. I will be getting a compatible WiFi card tomorrow, and the only thing left to fix is graphics. For me, there is no option to set VRam size for HD4000 in bios, the only mention I get is just a line saying "CPU VT-X Enabled" on the main page. Nothing I can edit. Anyways, I tried just doing the Easy Beast install, but to no avail. It would not boot unless I typed in GraphicsEnabler=No. Then, I looked to the advice of this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ad-fyi-only-guide-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html and tried 2 different device ids in my chameleon boot file.

In my System Profiler, the graphics show as 64MB shared memory, and so I tried the device id for "ig-platform-id: 01660009, Stolen RAM for FB: 64MB, Pipes: 3, Ports: 3, FBMem: 3"
Any of these id's I try, my screen turns black after about of minute of the beginning screen. I tried hooking the laptop up to HDMI and I get an extremely garbled version of the screen, but nothing even remotely usable.

Anyways, any suggestions?
Also, if possible is there any way to get the vga out working rather than the hdmi out?

I've attached some pictures of my system profile, as well as a particular error that happens no matter what flags I boot under (-x -v GE=no, etc.)

It's also a little weird that my cpu shows as 2.59 GHz instead of 2.6

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.48.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.48.53 PM.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.49.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.49.46 PM.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 264
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    563.6 KB · Views: 239
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    645.3 KB · Views: 274
Hi,

I wish I could be responding to you to help you out with your issues, because I have pretty much the same model as you and am in a similar boat, however I have to ask how you got full QE/CI working? I am currently working on getting a 100% ML build on my NP350-A02UK, but finding information thin on the ground about how to get certain aspects up and running, namely ethernet and QE/CI.

I'm still fairly new to the hackintosh community but it's AMAZING and soo helpful to newcomers and veterans alike.

Thanks in advance if you can help and good luck in your endevours; I am right behind you and if I make any advances, I'll put it back to the community for sure!!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back