Contribute
Register

Saffire PRO 40 Pro Audio Firewire Lion 7.2 Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also the same problem on 10.7.2 ?

Any ideas ?

Ok, I fixed this, it was simple enough! Just installed Chameleon instead of Chimera...!

Where can we find the latest version of Chameleon ?

Same problem with the ALESIS firewire card here.

Nevertheless, I found out that the KEXT for the device loads well if I load it manually on the booted system using the kextload command.

My temporary solution is to put the KEXT to a different place than to /S/L/E and to call 'kextload AlesisFirewire.kext' from a script that is loaded after booting.

Because (if in /S/L/E) the system tries to load the KEXT very early I think that any preconditions aren't done at this point what causes the system to crash.

Ok, I fixed this, it was simple enough! Just installed Chameleon instead of Chimera...!

Hi kicko, have u already got alesis working 100% on ML ? mine doesn't work, just bought a syba 1394a SY-PEX30001 firewire card that runs OOB, but alesis is not recognized, it was but system hang up, then installed drivers, after that uninstalled and installed chameleon, need something else to do? step by step please !! im F**k without alesis firewire multi mix.

Thx in advance !

Hi kicko, have u already got alesis working 100% on ML ? mine doesn't work, just bought a syba 1394a SY-PEX30001 firewire card that runs OOB, but alesis is not recognized, it was but system hang up, then installed drivers, after that uninstalled and installed chameleon, need something else to do? step by step please !! im F**k without alesis firewire multi mix.

Thx in advance !
Did you do a search of the forum to make sure you bought the right Syba card? The one you bought does not use a TI chipset, which is widely-known as the magic/holy grail for trouble-free FW performance on Mac.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S53IG8/?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hi BoomR, i search for this firewire card and bought it cos i read it runs OK OOB in a hackintosh system, in fact it works, is recognized by system and before isntalling multibeast or chimera it recognizes the alesis multimix firewire too and i can listen sound through it. I also plug a camcorder and it works by firewire too. So i think trouble is when i install multibeast or chimera/chameleon, i read how to fix it but cant do that dont understand how exactly is done. Has chameleon any config that i have to set up before installing ?? Did u have an alesis multimix too?
Thx a lot !

just bought the one u said BoomR ! anyway, the pex-30001 is recognized well, im sure now, i take alexis.kext out of /S/L/E and load manually (dont let system to load at first as i read) and it works for a while and then system hangs ! only one more oportunity installing chameleon instead of chimera as kicko said, but he got Lion (not ML) and think the trouble is driver for ML !
Any other idea?

So i think trouble is when i install multibeast or chimera/chameleon, i read how to fix it but cant do that dont understand how exactly is done. Has chameleon any config that i have to set up before installing ?? Did u have an alesis multimix too?
Thx a lot !

I don't have multimix - and there is nothing in MB that you need to configure for any add-on FW cards. Did you buy the one that I recommended, then? THAT one uses the TI chipset which is proven to work successfully for many of us here in the forum. As I mentioned, the one you originally purchased does not use the TI chipset, so unfortunately cannot provide a lot of feedback or help to get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back