Contribute
Register

Ryan's first Hackintosh: GA-Z87X-UD5H, i7 4770K, 32GB DDR 3, IGFX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be your KVM switch's make/model. Check to see if your switch has the latest firmware update if it's designed to have f/w updates.

However, try a quick push of the power button to wake from sleep. Sometimes this method works.

BTW, I use IOGear's KVM DVI/USB switches after many years of using other makes/models. IMO, they work great with any OS I'm using, and I've never had a problem with them. I use the GSC-1104 and -1644.

Wow, they look nice and pricey. :( but I guess quality costs. Thanks for the advice.

richtig - A solution to your audio issues.

Just built my first and successful Hackintosh Pro with the same motherboard, running Mavericks 10.9.1 - Here are the audio settings I used un Multi beast. My audio is working 100%

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler

Tweak your Multibeast audio settings and install. You should be all set!

Congrats to all of you on this particular build, as I am using identical right now. z87x-ud5h, 4770k, 16gb, IGFX, Samsung 250gb 840 Evo. I have done similar if not exact multi beast config. I'm on day 2 and have a couple of issues:

1. Sound is working, but it seems "sketchy"...in other words, I don't hear the boot up sounds, but I do get audio from my initial iTunes tests. i am using the front panel audio. The Mic input doesn't seem to be working.

2. itunes video: tested playing an iTunes video, the Thor preview, and the machine locked up.

any of you run into these issues? I know another similar build, Ryan's, had a video freeze issue with his IGFX, solved with external card (which I will eventually get around to purchasing).

thanks!

Will give it a shot tonight, thanks for the tip!

removed the appleupstreamuserclient.kext and it did create some different behavior. Instead of a freeze/lockup, I get the eternal spinning color wheel/beachball when I click on the HD video.

At least I can then force quit iTunes and move on. I've rebuilt permissions, rebooted, loaded and unloaded the kext, actually deleted it from the extensions, loaded it back in via KextBeast, etc, and it always exhibits the same behavior. freeze when it's enabled, beach ball when it is disabled/unloaded.

a bit frustrating, but at least it is some progress...I'll try some external cards and see how far I get.

My first try was my old HD5850 and it did not play the iTunes HD videos, just a blank screen, so no freeze, no beach ball, but still no video. next up....a newer 6450, slower than the internal 4600, but we'll see if it works.
+

Hopefully you will be able to figure out a solution with the internal graphics.

If you're not into gaming with high graphics requirements, thru personal experience, my opinion is that an external graphics card would not be necessary. More money, more noise, more heat. The internal HD4600 does very well for light games, playing movies, editing gopro videos, and photo work in Lightroom 4.

My multibeast settings are pretty generic. I think I got it from this thread.

Again, goodluck. Let me know if you need specific setting info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back