Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97 G43
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
GTX 970
Planning on getting an RX 5700XT, I have an RX 570, my monitor uses DVI-D, I was thinking of using the RX 570 for the Display and RX 5700XT for it's power. If I use RX 570 for my display, will my hackintosh not use the RX 5700XT?

@TheLetterH,

Difficult to say if that configuration would work or not ... its clearly not a configuration that Apple would have tested and its not a configuration that i've seen any user here at TMx86 try (as far as i'm aware).

MacOS does support multiple GPU's but in most scenarios they are of the same type/generation.

Be aware that there are still known issues with the Navi drivers on MacOS such as random reboots, GPU resets and graphical artefacts. These problems are slowly getting fixed by Apple with each update of MacOS but the Navi drivers will most likely not be fully optimised and stable until a few releases into Big Sur.

With that in mind mixing a RX 570 with RX 5700 XT could prove to be problematic at this stage.
The only way to know for sure would be to give it a go.

Personally I would just use the RX 5700 XT and get a Active DP to DVI-D Adapter to drive your old monitor.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back