Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex MFF 3046
CPU
i5-6500T
Graphics
HD 530
Hi all. I have a Dell Optiplex MFF 3046. I've spent many hours trying to Hackintosh and I cannot get past this error. I have searched every possible forum post imaginable, I have used the OpenCore Configurator to make sure my config.plist is fine, and have exhausted many different solutions posted. This is my first time hackintoshing a machine, but I have general IT knowledge and can generally work my way around these sorts of things, but here I'm totally lost on what I can do to fix this.

So, here's the problem. I keep getting the errors posted in the log I uploaded. Then it will continue the boot past what we see from the log, then freeze on the prohibited sign. I have tried this on Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey. I have tried 2 different USB sticks (one a 3.1 and one a 2) and I get the exact same problem. I have a 2018 Mac mini that I use to create the bootable drives and their respective EFI's, so I believe the actual macOS files are not the issue. I have rebuilt the config multiple times from scratch using OpenCore documentation. I used SSDTTime to create all of the required ACPI files, using Windows on the Dell machine. Here's my EFI and config. I am open to try any solutions posted. Thanks

Attachments

• opencore-2022-10-30-205348.txt
    256 KB · Views: 31
  • EFI.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 34
  • Screen1pt1.jpg
    Screen1pt1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen1pt2.jpg
    Screen1pt2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • Screen2pt1.jpg
    Screen2pt1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • Screen2pt2.jpg
    Screen2pt2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
USB related. (search 'prohibitory symbol' or 'still waiting for root device').

Ideally you would do this :

Sadly this no longer works in Monterey so we therefore advise users to install Catalina, map the USB ports and then upgrade to Monterey.

Sadly this no longer works in Monterey so we therefore advise users to install Catalina, map the USB ports and then upgrade to Monterey.
Ah okay. This is helpful and makes sense. I will try again with Catalina and keep you updated. Thanks!

Tried the Catalina install again. Same issue. This time, it just reboots the machine and doesn't move into the no entry issue. It shows the [EB|#LOG:RESET:RECOVERY] then reboots. The log file is empty.

Same issue. This time, it just reboots the machine and doesn't move into the no entry issue. It shows the [EB|#LOG:RESET:RECOVERY] then reboots. The log file is empty.
Nothing there that I can diagnose.

This guide may help

or this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back