Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> ROG-STRIX-B660-I-GAMING-WIFI

I don't like to stay on a defeat, I continue to try to make the latest bios work with hackintosh. I followed the Dortonia tutorial for the CFG Lock, I succeeded without any problem but still not possible to start Sonoma. I'm not giving up...

Attachments

• 2024-03-21-17-48-10-067~2.jpg
    2024-03-21-17-48-10-067~2.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 9
I don't like to stay on a defeat, I continue to try to make the latest bios work with hackintosh. I followed the Dortonia tutorial for the CFG Lock, I succeeded without any problem but still not possible to start Sonoma. I'm not giving up...
That's the best thing : not giving up !
In my older notes, I found some info about creating a rescue USB for checking/modifying CFG Lock.

Here is how :
- In Windows OS format a USB stick with FAT32 file system
- Create a specific folder structure in the root of the USB stick : /EFI/BOOT
- Copy a few files in BOOT folder

It looks like this :
1711046089612.png

This stick is bootable and running ControlMsrE2.efi (without arguments) will tell if the BIOS is CFG Lock-ed.

After booting, the FS must be selected ( FS0: or FS1: or FS2 ...)
Then change directory to /EFI/BOOT and execute ControlMsrE2.efi ( no arguments means "verify mode")

I attach here the archive.

Cheers :)

Attachments

• BIOS_Check_CFG.zip
    327.9 KB · Views: 2
I'm back to tell you that I finally solved the problem. :thumbup:

First of all I wanted to thank you for showing interest in my request.

To start, I used my EFI directory which worked with the old BIOS - 2403 (Sonoma 14.4)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bios updated to 3202

Then I tried several changes in bios 3202 but without success, I always got the same error at startup.

Once the bios options did not allow Sonoma to start, I decided to check the options in the config.plist file one by one with the OpenCore Auxiliary Tools software and to try after each change made to config. plist.

The problem comes from this option: SetupVirtualMap, I checked it and the problem was solved.

Now I would like to know why in the old version of bios I don't need SetupVirtualMap to be activated?

Also explain to me if Unlocked CFG brings stabilization to hackintosh?

Anyway after several tests, my hackintosh starts with CFG Lock & Unlocked

Thanks

Attachments

• The guilty.png
    The guilty.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 8
I'm back to tell you that I finally solved the problem. :thumbup:

First of all I wanted to thank you for showing interest in my request.

To start, I used my EFI directory which worked with the old BIOS - 2403 (Sonoma 14.4)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bios updated to 3202

Then I tried several changes in bios 3202 but without success, I always got the same error at startup.

Once the bios options did not allow Sonoma to start, I decided to check the options in the config.plist file one by one with the OpenCore Auxiliary Tools software and to try after each change made to config. plist.

The problem comes from this option: SetupVirtualMap, I checked it and the problem was solved.

Now I would like to know why in the old version of bios I don't need SetupVirtualMap to be activated?

Also explain to me if Unlocked CFG brings stabilization to hackintosh?

Anyway after several tests, my hackintosh starts with CFG Lock & Unlocked

Thanks
Hello,

Glad to see your hack is now working well (using the latest BIOS ).
Have a look here :

1711094558012.png

It clearly states that SetupVirtualMap should be true.

May be some configurations (BIOS/OC/macOS) are not "affected" by the the settings and are dormant ....
Well, waiting for good news from you ... after changing the CPU :) ( in fact that's why you uplifted the BIOS version)

Regarding CFG Lock. ... I always bought motherboards / prebuilt systems that have this option in BIOS.
There was no need to use auxiliary tools to unlock.

Once again , check this on Dortania :

Cheers :)

Attachments

• 1711094398605.png
    1711094398605.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

I hope this post will be useful to people who have the same problem.

Thanks for your help ^^

Back